A parameter template is a set of IP address or protocol port parameters. You can save IP addresses or protocol ports with the same needs as a template so that you can directly import the template as the source/destination IP or protocol port when adding security group rules. Parameter templates, if properly used, can enhance your efficiency in using security groups.
Parameter templates are mainly suitable for the following scenarios:
- Manage multiple IP addresses or protocol port groups with the same requirements.
- Manage multiple IP addresses or protocol port groups with frequent editing needs.
Parameter Template Types
Tencent Cloud supports the following four types of parameter templates:
- IP address: also known as an IP address object, this template is a set of IP addresses and supports one single IP, CIDR block, and IP range.
- IP address group: also known as an IP address group object, this template is a set of multiple IP address objects.
- Protocol port: also known as a protocol port object, this template is a set of protocol ports and supports one single port, multiple ports, port range, and all ports. It supports TCP, UDP, ICMP, and GRE protocols.
- Protocol port group: also known as a protocol port group object, this template is a set of protocol port objects.