Logging into Windows Instance via VNC
Last updated: 2019-11-04 14:07:53PDF
VNC login is a browser-based method of CVM remote connection that Tencent Cloud offers its users. When a client does not have remote login installed or cannot use it and in the situation where login cannot be accomplished by any other means, the user can connect to a CVM using VNC login and observe the CVM’s status and can also do basic CVM management operations using the CVM account.
- The features of copy/paste, Chinese input, and file upload/download are currently not supported on CVMs using VNC login.
- Main scream browsers must be used when using VNC login of a CVM, such as Chrome, Firefox, and IE 10 or above.
- A VNC login is a dedicated terminal, meaning that only one user at a time can use a VNC login.
Windows, Linux, or macOS.
You must already have admin account/password for the Windows instance to be logged in to.
- If you use a system default password to log in to the instance, then go to internal message to get it.
If you forgot the password, then reset instance password.
- Log in to the CVM Console.
- On the instance’s management page, select the Windows CVM that you want to log in to and click Log In, as shown below:
- In the Log into Windows Instance pop-up window, select Other login method (VNC) and click Log in now, as shown below.
- In the login window, select “Send Remote Command” in the top left corner, and press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to enter the system login interface as shown below: