Help & DocumentationCloud Virtual MachineOperation GuideSecuritySecurity GroupsManaging Security GroupsCloning Security Groups
Cloning Security Groups
Last updated: 2020-03-06 11:38:51PDF
You might need to clone a security group if you:
- Have created a security group sg-A in region A and you want to apply the same rules to an instance in region B. You can clone sg-A to region B, instead of creating a new security group from scratch.
- Need a new security group for your service but want to clone the old security group as a backup.
- By default, when you clone a security group, only the rules are cloned, not the association with instances.
- You can clone a security group across projects and regions.
- Log in to the CVM Console.
- In the left sidebar, select Security Group. The Security Group page then appears.
- Select desired region. A list of security groups under the region then appears.
- Locate the desired security group and click More. Then click Clone. The Clone security group page then appears.
- Select a Target region and Target project and input a New name for the new security group. Click OK.