You can log in to the TencentDB for PostgreSQL console and enter the instance list page to view instance information and manage your instances.
In the Instance List, click Adjust Configurations in the Operation column to upgrade the configuration of an instance, including its specification and disk capacity.
- Please exercise great caution when restarting a database, which plays a vital role in the business. Before the restart, it is recommended to disconnect the database from server and stop writing data.
- Restarting an instance does not change its physical attributes, so the public IP, private IP, and any data stored on the instance will remain unchanged.
- After the restart, reconnection to the database is needed. Please make sure your business has a reconnection mechanism.
- Be sure to restart the instance during off-hours so as to ensure success and reduce impact on your business.
In the Instance List, locate the instance to be restarted and click More > Restart in the Operation column. You can also select multiple instances and restart them in batches.
- Generally, it takes tens of seconds to a few minutes to restart an instance, during which the instance cannot be accessed and existing connections to it will be closed.
- Restart will fail if there are a large number of writes and dirty pages during the restart. In this case, the instance will roll back to the status before the restart and can still be accessed.
- There is a chance of failure in restarting a database. If it takes more than 10 minutes to restart, you can submit a ticket for help.
After a TencentDB for PostgreSQL instance is created, click its ID/name in the instance list or click Manage in the Operation column to enter the instance management page, where you can view its details, monitor it, and manage its databases.
On the Instance Details page, you can view and manage the basic information of the instance. The public network address is disabled by default; to use it, please enable it manually.
On the System Monitoring page, you can view the monitoring data of various core metrics of the instance, including access, load, cache hit rate, SQL execution latency, XLOG sync lag, etc.
For more information on instance monitoring and alarming, please see Monitoring Feature and Alarming Feature.
On the Account Management page, you can manage your account, such as modifying remarks and resetting the password.
On the Backup Management page, you can view and download backups and xlogs. For more information, please see Backing up Data.
On the Performance Optimization page, you can view and download slow logs and error logs.