Restart is indispensable to the maintenance of databases. Restarting a PostgreSQL instance is equivalent to restarting a database (service and process) on a local server.
- Please exercise great caution when restarting a database, which plays a vital role in the business. Before the restart, it is recommended to disconnect the database from server and stop writing data.
- Restarting an instance does not change its physical attributes, so the public IP, private IP, and any data stored on the instance will remain unchanged.
- After the restart, reconnection to the database is needed. Please make sure your business has a reconnection mechanism.
- Be sure to restart the instance during off-hours so as to ensure success and reduce impact on your business.
- Log in to the TencentDB for PostgreSQL console, locate the desired instance in the instance list, and click More > Restart in the Operation column.
- Generally, it takes a few seconds to minutes to restart an instance, during which the instance cannot be accessed and existing connections to it will be closed.
- Restart will fail if there are a large number of writes and dirty pages during the restart. In this case, the instance will roll back to the status before the restart and can still be accessed.
- There is a chance of failure in restarting a database. If it takes more than 10 minutes to restart, you can submit a ticket for help.
- In the pop-up dialog box, indicate your consent and click Confirm.