- For Tencent Cloud accounts that created their first TRTC applications on or after July 1, 2020, on-cloud recording fees will be charged according to the billing rules described in this document.
- For Tencent Cloud accounts that created TRTC applications before July 1, 2020, on-cloud recording fees will be charged according to the billing rules described in CSS > Live Recording.
- This document only describes the billing rules for TRTC on-cloud recording. Recording files are saved in VOD by default, which will charge storage fees and playback fees based on your usage. For more information, please see On-Cloud Recording and Playback > Billing.
- If you use the On-Cloud MixTranscoding feature before on-cloud recording, you will incur additional transcoding fees. For details, see Billing of On-Cloud MixTranscoding.
Tencent Cloud calculates an account’s on-cloud recording usage by adding up the durations of all recording files under the account. There are two types of recording durations: video duration and audio duration.
A duration is calculated in seconds and daily cumulative seconds are converted to minutes for billing. A duration of less than one minute is calculated as one minute.
A video duration refers to the duration containing video in a recording output file. Video durations are categorized and billed based on resolution, as shown below.
|SD||≤ 640 × 480|
|HD||640 × 480 - 1280 × 720|
|FHD||> 1280 × 720|
An audio duration refers to the duration containing only audio in a recording output file.
The prices of TRTC on-cloud recording are listed below:
|Billable Item||Unit Price (USD/1,000 min)|
The on-cloud recording feature supports only daily pay-as-you-go. Fees for a day are deducted at 10 AM the next day.
On-cloud recording works only when CSS and VOD are activated. Therefore, if your CSS or VOD service is suspended due to overdue payments, your on-cloud recording task will fail.
- The below examples use list prices. If you have signed a Tencent Cloud contract, prices specified in the contract will apply.
- By default, the audio/video stream of each user in a TRTC room is recorded into a separate file. You can also use the On-Cloud MixTranscoding feature to record the videos of multiple users into one file, for which you will be charged additional fees. For details, see Billing of On-Cloud MixTranscoding.
Assume that users A, B and C were in a TRTC call for 10 minutes and the entire call was recorded. Below are the types and resolutions of the streams pushed.
|User||Stream Type||Resolution||Billable Item|
|B||Video+audio||640 × 360||SD|
|C||Video-only||1280 × 720||HD|
If On-Cloud MixTranscoding is disabled, Tencent Cloud will generate three separate recording output files for A, B, and C, and the total recording fee for this call will be:
A's recording fee + B's recording fee + C's recording fee = Unit price of audio duration × A's audio duration + Unit price of SD video duration × B's SD video duration + Unit price of HD video duration × C's HD video duration = 0.499 USD/1,000 minutes × 10 minutes ÷ 1,000 + 0.99 USD/1,000 minutes × 10 minutes ÷ 1,000 + 1.99 USD/1,000 minutes × 10 minutes ÷ 1,000 = 0.03479 USD.
If On-Cloud MixTranscoding is enabled, the streams of A, B, and C will be mixed and recorded into one file. Assume that the output resolution is 1280 × 720. The recording fee for this call will be:
Unit price of HD video duration × HD video duration = 1.99 USD/1,000 minutes × 10 minutes ÷ 1,000 = 0.0199 USD
An additional fee will be charged for the use of On-Cloud MixTranscoding. For details, see On-Cloud MixTranscoding Billing.