Cloud Block Storage(CBS) is a highly available, highly reliable, low-cost, and customizable network block device that can be used as a standalone and expandable disk for CVMs. It provides data storage at the data block level and uses a three-copy distributed mechanism to ensure data reliability. CBS provides two cloud disks includingSSD and Premium Cloud Storage, which have different performance, features and prices. You can select a cloud disk according to the requirements of your deployed applications.
- SSD: based on the NVMe SSD storage, it uses a three-copy distributed mechanism to provide high-performance storage with low latency, high random IOPS, high throughput I/O capability, and data security up to 99.9999999%. SSD is suitable for scenarios with high requirements for I/O performance.
- Premium Cloud Storage: as a hybrid storage type, it resembles SSD providing high-performance storage based on Cache, and uses a three-copy distributed mechanism to ensure data reliability. Premium Cloud Storage is suitable for mid and small-sized applications with high requirements for data reliability and standard requirements for performance, as well as for mid and small-sized relational database applications such as MySQL, SQL Server, and PostgreSQL.
Performance differences between SSD, and Premium cloud storage are as follows:
||Premium Cloud Storage
||Maximum random IOPS = 1800 + Storage capacity (GB) × 30
Maximum random IOPS does not exceed 26000
|Maximum random IOPS = 1800 + Storage capacity (GB) × 8
Maximum random IOPS does not exceed 6000
||Maximum throughput = 120 + Storage capacity (GB) × 0.2
Maximum throughput does not exceed 260 MB/s
|Maximum throughput = 100 + Storage capacity (GB) × 0.15
Maximum throughput does not exceed 150 MB/s
Main difference between SSD and Premium Cloud Storage is I/O requirement.
SSD is more suitable for intensive I/O scenarios, such as:
- Data storage with high performance and high reliability: suitable for high-load, mission-critical business systems. Provide the three-copy data redundancy mechanism to back up your data and snapshots, and recover data within seconds.
- Mid and large-sized databases: support mid and large-sized relational database applications that contain tables with millions of rows, such as MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, and MongoDB.
- Large-sized NoSQL: satisfy storage performance requirements of NoSQL businesses such as HBase and Cassandra.
- Core business systems: suitable for I/O-intensive applications and other core business systems with high requirements for data reliability.
- Big data analysis: suitable for data analysis, data mining, business intelligence, and other fields. Provide distributed processing capabilities for data at TB and PB levels.
Premium Cloud Storage is suitable for the following data scenarios:
- Suitable for mid and small-sized databases and web servers. Provide long-term and stable I/O performance
- Suitable for scenarios with balanced requirements for storage capacity and performance, such as enterprise office services and log services.
- Satisfy I/O requirements of core business testing and developing joint testing environments.
Pricing of the two cloud disks varies with region. Generally, high-performance SSD is the most expensive. For pricing details, see Pricing List.