Cross-region snapshot replication is now in beta. With this feature, you can easily migrate data and services to other regions, or build a cross-region disaster recovery system for your business.
You can submit an application to use this feature.
- Apply for Beta: cross-region snapshot replication is now in beta. You need to submit an application to apply for it.
- Supported regions: for more information, see Regions and Availability Zones。
- Log in to the Snapshot List page.
- Click Cross-Region Replication for the target snapshot.
- Configure the following parameters:
- New snapshot name: (optional) enter the new snapshot name with up to 60 characters.
By default, a new snapshot name contains the source snapshot ID and region information and is in the following format:
Copied <Source snapshot ID> from <Source snapshot region>, for example,
Copied snap-oi5spwt2 from ap-shanghai.
- Region: (required) a target region to which a snapshot is copied
Please check the snapshot quota and geographical restriction when you select the region.
- Click OK to start the replication. Hover over the information icon to view the status of the source snapshot. The new snapshot is added to the target region.
- Once the replication is completed, you can view the new snapshot in the snapshot list of the target region.
During the process of cross-region replication:
The source snapshot cannot be deleted during the cross-region replication of this snapshot.
- Status of source snapshot: you can view it by going to the source region’s snapshot list and looking in the status column on the source snapshot’s row.
- Status of target snapshot: you can view it by going to the snapshot list page of the target region.