Last updated: 2020-03-16 16:33:27PDF
When there is no need to use the snapshot again, you can delete the snapshot to release virtual resources.
- When you delete a snapshot, only the data exclusive to the snapshot will be deleted, and the cloud disk for which the snapshot is created will not be affected.
- You can use a snapshot to recover a cloud disk to the data status when the snapshot is created. Deleting a snapshot created earlier for a cloud disk will not affect the continued use of snapshots created later.
- When a snapshot is deleted, it will simultaneously delete all data in the snapshot, and the data cannot be retrieved. Deleted snapshots cannot be restored, so please use with caution.
Deleting a Snapshot in Console
- Log in to the Snapshot List page.
- You can delete snapshots using the following methods:
a. Single delete: click on Delete in the row of the snapshot to be deleted.
b. Batch delete: select all of the snapshots you want to delete (make sure the snapshots are not involved in any tasks) and click Delete at the top of the list.
- Click OK.
Deleting a Snapshot with API
You can use the DeleteSnapshots API to delete a snapshot. For detailed directions, see Delete Snapshots.