OV/EV SSL Certificates Renewal
Last updated: 2020-03-16 18:42:59PDF
Renewing an SSL certificate is equivalent to applying for a new one in the console, and you need to install and deploy it on the server. The new certificate does not affect the usage of the existing one.
If you need to modify the certificate information, please apply for a new one.
Advantages of Renewal
Renewing the existing certificate holds the following advantages over purchasing a new one:
Simplified renewal procedure
Instead of entering application information again, you only need to confirm the original certificate's application data pulled automatically by the system and proceed with the payment. After making the payment, please upload the confirmation letter and wait for certificate review.
Extra-prolonged certificate validity after renewal
After renewal, the remaining available time of the original certificate and an extra 1 to 90 days will roll to the validity time of the new certificate for free. You will not experience any loss in certificate validity period due to renewal.
Certificate Renewal Procedure
1. Enter the certificate renewal entry
For a paid OV/EV certificate, the fast renewal option will become available 3 months before its expiration date. You can open the fast renewal window by clicking Fast Renewal in the "Status" column of the certificate in the certificate list in the SSL Certificate Service Console.
In the SSL certificate renewal prompt window that pops up, confirm the information and click Renew Now to enter the renewal page.
2. Confirm the renewal information and make the payment
When renewing a certificate, you do not need to enter the certificate information again. A new certificate will be generated after the renewal, so you need to configure a CSR file for the new certificate.
- You can automatically generate a CSR file through the system (this option is recommended, and the CSR and private key can be generated).
- You can also upload a CSR file (no private key can be generated with this option).
After confirming the information, select the renewal period and click Pay to enter the payment process.
Confirm the certificate information and click Purchase for payment.
3. Upload the confirmation letter for review
- After purchasing a certificate successfully, you can find a new certificate generated in the status of Confirmation letter to be uploaded in the certificate list in the SSL Certificate Service Console. Then, you can click Upload Confirmation Letter to enter the confirmation letter details page.
- Follow on-screen prompts to download the confirmation letter, fill it out, and stamp it. Then, scan the letter into one single file and click Upload for Review to submit it.
- After the certificate confirmation letter is submitted, the certificate status will change to To be verified, and you need to wait for the verification call from the reviewer as well as the domain name confirmation email.
It takes 3–5 or 5–7 business days for an OV or EV certificate to be issued, respectively.