To prevent the normal operation of your system from being affected when a monitoring metric reaches a certain value, you can configure alarm rules for these metrics. When the monitoring data meets the configured conditions, the system can automatically check it and send alarm notifications to the admin. This helps you stay on top of business exceptions and quickly solve them.
- CM allows you to configure alarm policies to monitor the key metrics of instances and offers a free trial.
- Currently, only alarm SMS messages are charged. For more information, see Purchase Guide.
- You have activated CM.
- The database instance is in Running status.
- You have collected the information of the recipients of alarm notifications, such as email address and phone number.
- Log in to the TencentDB for Redis console.
- Above the instance list on the right, select the region.
- In the instance list, find the target instance.
- In the row of the target instance, enter the Create Policy page of CM in any of the following ways:
- Click in the Monitoring/Status/Task column and click Configure Alarms in the top-right corner of the instance monitoring data panel.
- Click the instance ID in blue to enter the Instance Details page. Then, click the System Monitoring tab, select the Monitoring Metrics tab, and click Set Alarms.
- On the Create Policy page, configure the policy as shown below. For more information on the basic concepts of alarm policy, see Creating Alarm Policy.
|Policy Name||Customize the alarm policy name for easier identification.|
|Remarks||Briefly describe the alarm policy for easier identification.|
|Monitoring Type||Select Cloud Product Monitoring.|
||Select TencentDB/Redis/Memory Edition (5-Second Granularity)/Redis Node or TencentDB/Redis/Memory Edition (1-Minute Granularity)/Redis Node as needed.|
||Specify a project for the alarm policy. You can quickly locate all alarm policies of a project in the alarm policy list.|
||Select the alarm object based on the instance ID or instance group. For more information on how to group instances, see Instance Group.|
||Configure an alarm trigger condition by selecting a template or through manual configuration. For more information, see Creating Alarm Policy.|
||Select a preset or custom notification template. Each alarm policy can be bound to three notification templates at most. For more information, see Alarm Notification Template.|
- After confirming that the configuration is correct, click Complete. For more information on alarms, see Alarm Overview.