Verified organizational users can convert a long URL to a short URL with the statistics collection feature so as to shorten the SMS message and monitor the click effects in real time.
Creating Short URL
- Log in to the SMS Console, select Marketing Management > Short URL Management on the left sidebar, and click Generate Short URL.
- In the Generate Short URL dialog box, enter Short URL Name and *Original URL.
- Click OK to return to the Short URL Management page, and you can view the new short URL, which is valid for 90 days.
Viewing Click Data
After successfully creating a signature and a template and sending a Mainland China SMS message, you can view the click data for a single short URL such as number of SMS recipients, number of short URL clickers, and short URL CTR on the Click Statistics page.
- Select Business Statistics > Mainland China SMS on the left sidebar and click Click Statistics.
- Select a time period, enter the short URL name/short URL, and click Query.
If this short URL is bound to a global SMS template, you can select Business Statistics > Global SMS on the left sidebar and view the click data.
- SMS Recipients: total number of recipients of the Mainland China/Global SMS messages sent with the current template ID.
- Short URL Clickers: total number of IPs that have visited this short URL.
- Short URL CTR: short URL clickers/SMS recipients.