This document describes how to add domain names in WAF.
To apply WAF protection for a specified domain name, the domain name needs to be added to WAF first. This document takes
waf.qcloudwaf.com as the sample domain name for directions.
- Log in to the WAF console, and select Web Application Firewall -> Defense Settings on the left sidebar.
- Click Add domains to enter the Domain Configuration page.
- Domain configuration
waf.qcloudwaf.com in the Domain Name field.
- Select the protocol and port as needed. For example, select HTTP and port 80, or select HTTPS and port 443.
- You can select HTTP or HTTPS as the HTTPS origin-pull method.
The origin-pull port can be specified only when HTTP is selected as the origin-pull method. The origin-pull port for HTTPS is consistent with the opened port.
- You can select a Tencent Cloud-hosted certificate or your own certificate.
- In the Real Server Address field, enter the real origin server IP address of the target website, i.e., the public IP address of the real server.
- Other configurations
If you have connected your domain name to an intermediate proxy device before WAF is used, tick Yes; otherwise, tick No.
- Click Save to complete the configuration. Then, you can view the domain name in the domain name list.
- Click the domain name to enter its details page, you can then view the CNAME that WAF assigned to the website.
WAF assigns a unique CNAME to each domain name added to WAF irrespective of whether the domain name is of the first-level or second-level.
After adding a domain name, you can proceed: