Deploying Nginx on CentOS
Last updated: 2019-10-14 20:48:53PDF
This document describes how to deploy Nginx projects on CentOS. It is suitable for new individual users of Tencent Cloud.
The versions of software tools used in this document are as follows, which may be different from your software versions during actual operations.
- Operating system: CentOS 7.5
- Nginx: Nginx 1.12.2
- After purchased the service, click Log in on the CVM details page to log in to the CVM instance. And then enter your username and password to set up an Nginx environment. For more information on how to launch a CVM instance, see Creating CVM Instances.
# Install n=Nginx: yum -y install nginx # View Nginx version nginx -v # View Nginx installation directory rpm -ql nginx # Start Nginx service nginx start
- Access the public IP address of the CVM instance and if the following page appears, Nginx is successfully deployed:
- The default root directory of Nginx is
/usr/share/nginx/html. Modify the index.html static page in the
htmldirectory to mark the specialness of this page.
vim /usr/share/nginx/html/index.html # Enter the following on the page: Hello nginx , This is rs-1! URL is index.html
- Cloud Load Balancer (former “Application Load Balancer”) can forward requests according to the real server path and deploy a static page in the
/imagepath. The command is as follows:
# Create a directory Image mkdir /usr/share/nginx/html/image cd /usr/share/nginx/html/image vim index.html # Enter the following on the page: Hello nginx , This is rs-1! URL is image/index.html
The default port of Nginx is
80. To change the port, please modify the configuration file and restart Nginx.
Verify the Nginx service
Access the public IP and path of your CVM instance. If the deployed static page is displayed, Nginx has been successfully deployed.