Stress Test Advice for Business Systems
Last updated: 2019-09-26 18:33:46PDF
Stress testing is designed for mimicking DDoS attacks. To ensure the quality of the test, you are advised to read this document carefully before conducting a stress test and formulating an implementation plan.
The following suggestions are based on the influence of anti-DDoS protection on stress testing. Other test-related factors, such as network bandwidth, linkage loads, or other basic resources, are subject to circumstance.
Adjusting Protection Policies
- Disable CC protection policies, or set the HTTP request threshold for CC protection to a value higher than the maximum value for stress testing.
- Disable anti-DDoS protection policies, or set the cleansing threshold for anti-DDoS protection to a value higher than the maximum value for stress testing.
Controlling Stress Testing Traffic and Request Number
- The bandwidth of stress testing should be slower than 1 Gbps, otherwise the attack defense may be triggered.
- The number of HTTP requests in the stress testing should be no more than 20,000 requests per second (QPS), otherwise the attack defense may be triggered.
- The number of new connections per second, total connections, and inbound packets per second should be less than 50,000, 2,000,000, and 200,000 respectively.
If the stress testing requirements exceed the above ranges, please contact Tencent Cloud Technical Support. The after-sales team will offer support during stress testing.
Assessing Stress Testing in Advance
Contact Tencent cloud architectural engineers or Tencent Cloud Technical Support before the stress testing to comprehensively assess the possible consequences involved and to formulate risk aversion measures.