A stress test is designed to simulate DDoS attacks. To ensure the quality of the test, you are advised to read this document carefully before conducting a stress test.
The following suggestions are mainly about the influence of DDoS protection on stress testing. You may also need to consider other test-related factors, such as network bandwidth, linkage loads, or other basic resources.
Adjusting protection policies
- Disable CC protection policies, or set the HTTP request threshold for CC protection to a value higher than the maximum value of your stress test.
- Disable DDoS protection policies, or set the cleansing threshold for DDoS protection to a value higher than the maximum value of your stress test.
Limiting the traffic and the number of requests in the stress test
- The bandwidth of your stress test should be lower than 1 Gbps, otherwise the attack defense may be triggered.
- The number of HTTP requests in your stress test should be no more than 20,000 requests per second (QPS), otherwise the attack defense may be triggered.
- The number of new connections established per second, the maximum number of connections, and the number of inbound packets per second in your stress test should be less than 50,000, 2,000,000, and 200,000 respectively.
If the traffic and number of requests in your stress test will exceed the above ranges, please contact Tencent Cloud Technical Support. We will offer support during your stress test.
Evaluating the influence of the stress test in advance
It is recommended to contact Tencent cloud solution architects or Tencent Cloud Technical Support before your stress test to evaluate possible consequences and develop risk aversion measures.