This document describes the advantages of using CKafka over building your own software with the open-source Apache Kafka.
Full compatibility with Apache Kafka and easy migration
- CKafka is compatible with Kafka 0.9, 0.10, 1.1 and 2.4.
- CKafka is based on the existing code of the open-source Kafka ecosystem. Without any changes to your existing project, you can migrate to the cloud and enjoy the high-performance message queue services provided by Tencent Cloud CKafka.
- The message queue team at Tencent Cloud has optimized CKafka to allow you to enjoy higher-performance services without having to go through a complicated process of configuration.
- CKafka supports upgrade and downgrade via UI operations and is backed by a powerful IaaS layer, delivering 50% higher production capabilities than Kafka.
- Leveraging Tencent's years of experience in monitoring technologies, CKafka offers comprehensive monitoring on clusters and has a professional OPS team in place that responds to alarms on a 24/7 basis to ensure high availability.
- CKafka uses highly reliable disks and can keep its services running even if 50% of the disks are unavailable.
- 2 replicas are created by default, and up to 3 replicas can be used. The more replicas, the higher the reliability.
- The backend system automatically scales resources when cluster traffic and disk usage hit the alarm thresholds. The client side is unaffected during the process.
- CKafka offers a solution for the pain points in data migration with Kafka and features smooth upgrade with no influence on your business.
CKafka provides security capabilities including authentication, authorization, and root/sub-accounts, offering enterprise-grade security protection.
- VPC: supports access from Tencent Cloud VPC, enhancing network security.
- Supports SASL authentication, allowing safer public network access.
- Root/sub-account: supports CAM features including root/sub-account and collaborator, enabling authorization between root and sub-accounts as well as across organizational accounts.
Integration with other cloud services
CKafka can easily integrate with other Tencent Cloud services such as COS and EMR.
CKafka supports data transfer based on open-source Kafka Connector, enabling data transfer between Kafka clusters.