This document describes how to connect to a TencentDB for SQL Server instance through SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) in a Windows CVM instance and run a simple query.
The CVM and TencentDB instances must be under the same account and in the same VPC in the same region.
- On the TencentDB for SQL Server instance details page, view the private IP and port number of the instance, which will be used for connecting to the TencentDB instance.
- Log in to the Windows CVM instance. For more information, please see Getting Started with Windows CVM. This document uses Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition (64-bit) as an example.
- Download and install SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) in the Windows CVM instance. For more information on SSMS, please see Use SQL Server Management Studio.
- Start SSMS in the Windows CVM instance. On the Connect to server page, enter the relevant information to connect to TencentDB. Click Connect and wait a few minutes before SSMS connects to your database instance.
- Server type: select "Database Engine".
- Server name: enter the private IP and port number of the instance and separate them with a comma. For example, if the private IP is
10.10.10.10 and the port number is
1433, then enter
- Authentication: select "SQL Server Authentication".
- Login and Password: enter the account name and password you configured when creating the instance account on the Account Management page.
- Once connected to the database, you can view the standard built-in system databases (master, model, msdb, and tempdb) of SQL Server.
- Now you can start creating your own databases and running queries for them. Select File > New > Query with Current Connection and type the following SQL query:
Run the query. SSMS will return the TencentDB for SQL Server instance.