TencentDB for SQL Server supports automatic backup and manual backup.
This document describes how to configure automatic backup in the console.
- Backup files are stored in a separate backup space and do not occupy the local disk space of the instance.
- Do not perform DDL operations during the backup process to avoid backup failure caused by table locking.
- Back up your data during off-peak hours.
- Backup may take a long time if the data volume is large.
Notes on Backup
- Increasing the retention period of data and log backups may cause additional backup space fees.
- Shortening the retention period of log backups may affect the data rollback cycle of the instance.
- The free tier for backups is limited, and any excess will be billed on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- Log in to the TencentDB for SQL Server console.
- Select the region at the top, find the target instance, and click the target instance ID or Manage in the Operation column to enter the instance management page.
- On the instance management page, select Backup Management and click Auto-Backup Settings.
- In the pop-up window, read and select Backup Space Billing Description and click Save.
- Start Time: It is customizable and recommended to be within off-peak hours.
For example, if the time range is set to 01:00–02:00, the system will initiate a backup at a time point during 01:00–02:00, which depends on the backend backup policy and backup system conditions.
- Data Backup Retention Period: It is seven days by default and customizable.
- Backup Cycle: Any time between Monday and Sunday can be selected for backup.
To ensure the continuity between the start time and data retention period:
- If the backup retention period is set to a value smaller than seven days, the backup cycle will be daily, with Monday through Sunday being selected by default.
- If the backup retention period is set to a value equal to or greater than seven days, at least two backups will be required every week. If you select only one, you cannot click Save.
- Next Time: Set the time when the configured backup cycle will start.
- Log Backup Retention Period: It is the same as the data backup retention period by default and cannot be changed. Expired backup sets will be automatically deleted.
- Log Backup Frequency: Backup is performed once every 30 minutes by default.