Via CDN Console
Last updated: 2020-03-03 15:14:21PDF
This document describes how to accelerate access to resources in COS through CDN.
- You have signed up for a Tencent Cloud account and verified your identity.
- A COS bucket has been created. For more information, please see Creating Buckets.
Adding a domain name
Log in to the CDN Console, click Domain Management on the left sidebar to enter the domain name management page, and click Create Distribution.<!
Selecting COS as origin server
- Enter the domain name to be accelerated.
Wildcard domain names are supported, such as
*.test.com. Up to 10 domain names can be connected in batches in one single operation.
The domain name should meet the following conditions:
- ICP filing for the domain name has been obtained from the MIIT
- The domain name has never been connected to Tencent Cloud CDN
- Select the project of the domain name.
The project is shared by all Tencent Cloud products. You can add a project in Project Management.
- Select COS from the Origin Type drop-down list under Domain Configuration.
- Select the domain name of the corresponding bucket.
- Enable Private Bucket Access. You should authorize the CDN service first. After the service authorization is confirmed, you can manually enable this feature.
- COS V5 is fully deployed for connecting a COS origin server domain name to CDN. If you want to use a COS V4 bucket as an origin server, you need to go to the COS V4 Console and enable acceleration service for the corresponding bucket.
- If your COS V5 bucket is private, you need to first allow the CDN service to access the corresponding COS bucket and then enable origin-pull access. Resources in all private buckets will then be delivered over the CDN public network, which involves relatively high security risks.
Configuring the acceleration service
Based on your business needs, select Business Type and set Basic Configuration and Cache Expiration Configuration.
The business type determines the resource platform to be scheduled by the domain name. The acceleration configuration varies by resource platform. Please select a business type based on your business conditions:
- Static acceleration: Suitable for static resource acceleration scenarios such as ecommerce, websites, and gaming images.
- Download acceleration: Suitable for scenarios such as game installations, audio/video downloads, and mobile phone firmware package distribution.
- Streaming VOD acceleration: Suitable for VOD acceleration scenarios.
CDN provides the Ignore Query String switch, which allows you to control whether to filter parameters after "?" in end users' request URLs. You can use this feature for flexible version control or token-based authentication. For more information, please see Ignore query string configuration.
Cache expiration configuration
Cache expiration configuration refers to the set of expiration rules that CDN cache nodes should comply with when caching your business content. For more information, please see Cache expiration configuration.
Completing the connection
After entering all configuration items on Create Distribution page, click Submit to add the domain name and wait for domain name configuration to be delivered over the entire network, which usually takes 5 to 10 minutes.
After successfully adding a domain name, you can view the acceleration CNAME assigned by CDN on the Domain Management page. You need to add a CNAME record for the domain name through your DNS service provider (such as DNSPod). Acceleration services will become available after the DNS configuration takes effect. For more information, please see CNAME Configuration.