After activating CDN, you can log in to the CDN console and select Domain Management on the left sidebar. Click Create a Distribution to add an acceleration domain name. After a domain name is added, its configurations will be distributed to the CDN cache nodes across the entire network without directly affecting your current business. To enable acceleration, you need to configure a CNAME record. For specific directions, please see CNAME Configuration.
Click Domain Management on the left sidebar and click Create a Distribution.
The distribution creation page consists of three parts:
Based on your selected domain name and origin server configurations, CDN will recommend cache configurations, which can be submitted without modification.
Enter your business domain name in the domain field and select the project, region, service type and Internet Protocol:
|Domain||1. The domain name can contain up to 50 characters.
2. The domain name should have obtained an ICP filing from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) of the Chinese government.
3. Subdomain names in the format of
4. If the domain name is a wildcard domain or has been connected to by another user, you need to complete ownership verification to connect or retrieve it.
1. After a wildcard domain name is configured, its subdomain names and second-level wildcard domain names cannot be connected to in another account.
2. Domain names in the formats of
|Project||Project is a set of resources shared by all Tencent Cloud products. You can manage it on the Project Management page.|
|Region||the Chinese mainland: access requests of global users will be scheduled to cache nodes in the Chinese mainland for acceleration.
Outside the Chinese mainland: access requests of global users will be scheduled to cache nodes outside the Chinese mainland for acceleration.
Global: access requests of global users will be scheduled to the nearest optimal node for acceleration.
Acceleration services in and outside the Chinese mainland are billed separately. For more information on billing policies, please see Billing Instruction.
|Service type||CDN optimizes acceleration performance based on service type.
For the best acceleration result, we recommend selecting the service type similar to that of your actual business.
Static acceleration: suitable for small-scale resource acceleration scenarios such as ecommerce, websites, and game images.
Download acceleration: suitable for download scenarios such as game installation, source audio/video file download, and mobile phone firmware distribution.
Streaming VOD acceleration: suitable for scenarios such as online education and VOD.
(formerly the "Internet protocol")
|IPv6 access is disabled by default, and it can be enabled or disabled after a domain name is added. If it is enabled, CDN nodes can be accessed through IPv6 protocol.
• IPv6 access is only supported in the Chinese mainland, so the feature cannot be enabled for the acceleration domain names outside the Chinese mainland. For global acceleration domain names, IPv6 access will only take effect in the Chinese mainland if the feature is enabled.
• IPv6 is currently not supported for streaming VOD acceleration.
• Some platforms are being upgraded or have special configurations, so IPv6 access is currently not supported.
|Tag||Up to 50 tags can be added.
Only existing tags are supported.
The tag key and value are required when you add a tag. You can add or modify tags in Tag List.
Configure business origin server information. If a CDN node has no resource cache, the node will pull the resource from the origin server and cache it.
|Origin type||External: select this if you already have your own business server. (i.e., origin server).
COS origin: if resources are stored in COS, the bucket can be directly selected as the origin server.
1. Multiple IPs can be configured as the origin server, which will be polled during origin-pull.
2. You can configure port (0 - 65535) and weight (1 - 100) in the format of
3. You can configure a domain name as the origin server, which should be different from the business acceleration domain name.
|Origin-pull protocol||This can be selected based on the protocols supported by the origin server:
HTTP: HTTP/HTTPS access requests use HTTP origin-pull.
HTTPS: HTTP/HTTPS access requests use HTTPS origin-pull (the origin server must support HTTPS access).
Follow protocol: HTTP access requests use HTTP origin-pull, while HTTPS access requests use HTTPS origin-pull (the origin server must support HTTPS access).
|Origin domain||This refers to the domain name accessed on the origin server by a CDN node during origin-pull.
If a subdomain name is connected, it will be the same as the acceleration domain name by default and can be customized.
If a wildcard domain name is connected, it will be the actual access subdomain name by default and can be customized.
Configure the node acceleration service:
|Basic configuration||A node caches resources by following the
|Enable Range GETs||This specifies whether to process partial requests during origin-pull. It can be enabled only if the origin server supports Range GETs. By default, this feature is enabled for COS origin servers and streaming VOD acceleration.|
|Cache configuration||This refers to the node cache validity configuration. For static acceleration, the cache validity of all files follows the origin server by default. For download and streaming VOD acceleration, the cache validity of all files is 30 days. The configured cache validity is the longest possible time, the actual cache validity is related to the resources on nodes.|
Click Submit to add the domain name and wait for the domain name configuration to be distributed across the entire network. This will take about 5 to 10 minutes.
When the distribution is completed, CDN will allocate a corresponding CNAME address to you. You need to configure the CNAME to use the CDN service. For detailed directions, please see CNAME Configuration.
If the domain name is a wildcard one or has been connected to by another user, you need to verify its ownership before connecting or retrieving it. DNS verification is used in the following steps:
_cdnauthas its host record. The record value is randomly generated on the "Verification Method" page.