With the aid of smart compression, Tencent Cloud CDN can compress the returned resources with Gzip or Brotli according to set rules, which effectively reduces the size of transferred content and costs.
- Smart compression currently is supported only for two service types: static acceleration and download acceleration.
- If your domain name is configured for global acceleration, the smart compression configuration will take effect globally. This configuration does not distinguish between requests from the Chinese mainland and from outside the Chinese mainland.
- Brotli compression is currently not supported in regions outside the Chinese mainland.
Log in to the CDN console, select Domain Management on the left sidebar, and click Manage on the right of a domain name to enter its configuration page. Open the Advanced Configuration tab to find the Smart Compression section. This configuration is enabled by default.
Click Modify to modify the compression rules:
- The configuration can be modified when disabled, but will not be officially deployed until it is enabled.
- If Gzip and Brotli are both selected, the compressed files will be returned according to the request compression header.
- If only Brotli is selected and the request compression header does not support it, the original resources will be returned without being compressed.