Last updated: 2020-04-02 16:59:00
You may need to clone a security group in the following scenarios:
- You have created a security group named sg-A in region A and want to apply sg-A rules to instances in region B. In this case, you can clone sg-A to region B instead of creating another security group in region B.
- Your business needs to execute a new security group rule. In this case, you can clone the original security group for backup.
- By default, only the inbound and outbound rules of a security group are cloned, but not the instances associated with the security group.
- Security groups can be cloned between projects or regions.
- Log in to CVM Console.
- In the left sidebar, click Security Group to enter the security group management page.
- On the security group management page, choose Region and locate the row of the security group to be cloned.
- In the operation column, click More > Clone.
- In the "Clone Security Group" window that appears, select Target Project and Target Region for the cloning, enter a New Name for the security group, and click OK.