The upload storage settings in VOD consist of category management and storage region management, helping you manage the files in the console more conveniently.
Category Management Directions
- Log in to the VOD Console, and click Upload Storage > Category Management on the left sidebar to enter the "Category Management" page.
- Click Add Category to pop up the "Add Category" dialog box, enter the category name, and click OK.
- The newly added category will be displayed in the category list on this page, where you can rename or delete a category or add a subcategory.
- Rename: click the target category name and an edit icon will appear to the right of the name. Then, click the icon to rename the category.
- Delete: click Delete in the row of the target category to delete it. If it contains a subcategory, you need to delete the subcategory first.
- Add Subcategory: this can be done in the same way as adding a category.
- The category name can contain up to 25 letters, digits, and ().
- In category management, you can also view, modify, delete, and associate files with categories.
- Category management supports a 4-level structure, and subcategories cannot be added for a level-4 category.
- After adding a category, you can also modify the category of a video file in the media assets section in the console. For more information, please see Modifying Video Categories.
- By default, there is a category named "Other" in category management, and you cannot rename or delete it or add subcategories for it. After a category is deleted, existing files in it will be categorized as "Other".
Storage Region Directions
- Log in to the VOD Console, and click Upload Storage > Storage Region on the left sidebar to enter the "Storage Region" page.
- Click the status button on the row of the target region to enable the region. An enabled region can be set as the default region.
- You can choose to enable multiple regions, but only one of them can be set as the default region.
- When a region is enabled, it cannot be manipulated until it is successfully configured. After the region is enabled, it will take 5–10 minutes to take effect.
- If you need to enable an overseas region (such as Hong Kong (China), Singapore, Moscow, Frankfurt, Mumbai, or Seoul), please submit a ticket for application.
- If no other regions are enabled, all files will be transferred to the default region by default.
- If other regions have been enabled:
- If an IP is within the nearby upload storage range of the enabled region, files will be uploaded to the nearby enabled region.
- If an IP is outside the nearby upload storage range of the enabled region, files will be uploaded to the default region.
For more information on storage region, please see Practice of Optimizing Upload Quality.