You can manage file categories and storage regions in the Upload Storage section of the VOD console.
- Log in to the VOD console, and click Upload Storage > Category Management on the left sidebar to enter the Category Management page.
- Click Add Category, enter a category name in the pop-up, and click OK.
- The newly added category will be displayed in the category list on this page, where you can rename or delete a category or add a subcategory.
- Rename: click the target category name, and then click the edit icon to rename the category.
- Delete: click Delete in the row of the target category to delete it. If it contains subcategories, you need to delete the subcategories first.
- Add subcategory: click Add Subcategory in the row of the target category, enter a subcategory name in the pop-up, and then click OK.
- The subcategory name supports up to 64 characters. Only letters, digits, and () are allowed.
- You can also use APIs to view, modify, delete, and bind files for category management.
- You can add up to 4 levels of categories, meaning you cannot add subcategories for a level-4 category.
- After adding a category for a video file, you can modify it on the Video Management page in the console. For details, please see Modifying Video Category.
- By default, there is a category named "Others" on the Category Management page, and you cannot rename or delete it or add subcategories for it. After a category is deleted, the files in it will be categorized as "Others".
- Log in to the VOD console, and click Upload Storage > Storage Region on the left sidebar.
- Toggle Status on for the target region to enable it. You can set an enabled region as the default region.
- You can enable multiple regions, but can set only one default region.
- When a region is enabled, you cannot perform operations on it until it is successfully configured. Enabling a region takes effect in 5-10 minutes. Once enabled, a region cannot be disabled.
- If only the default region is enabled, all files will be stored in it.
- If other regions are also enabled:
- If an IP is within the upload storage range of a nearby enabled region, files will be uploaded to the region.
- If an IP is outside the upload storage range of any enabled regions, files will be uploaded to the default region.
For more information on storage regions, please see Practice of Optimizing Upload Quality.