- VOD supports multiple ways to upload videos. You can upload from a local disk or client or pull videos from URLs or via APIs.
- You can convert live recordings to video on-demand, upload different formats, upload large files, resume upload after interruption, and backup files.
- VOD features redundant storage of video files across architectures and devices to support remote disaster recovery and isolation of resources.
- You can specify policies for hot and cold storage of video files, giving you better control of your video storage.
- VOD offers more than 12,000 distributed transcoding clusters, which can support up to 2,000 concurrent transcoding tasks.
- VOD supports TESHD which can effectively repair the video quality without reducing it.
- You can add watermarks to your videos and configure different transcoding formats, giving you more flexibility in different scenarios.
- VOD has access to over 1,100 Tencent Cloud CDN cache nodes, which can provide a smooth video content delivery acceleration experience based on the BGP networks and 17+ ISPs across China.
- VOD provides a default domain name for video playback. If you don't have your own domain name, you can use the default domain to deliver resources based on the nearby region to reduce latency. You can also configure your own domain name.
- VOD has various AI-powered features such as speech and text recognition. These features allow you to automate video editing, splicing, and screen capturing, as well as content recognition and auditing, reducing the amount of time spent doing manual operations.
- Smart recognition can be configured from the VOD console, making it easy to customize.
Adaptive Bitrate Streaming
- VOD can transcode video content into multi-bitrate streams. During playback, it can select the most suitable bitstream based on the current network conditions, ensuring a smooth viewing experience.
- Using adaptive bitrate streaming to dynamically select the optimal bitrate helps make full use of your network bandwidth.
Tencent Extreme Speed High Definition (TESHD) enables VOD to provide higher-definition streaming services at lower bitrates (30% lower on average). It leverages Tencent Cloud technologies such as dynamic encoding, smart scene recognition, and a three-level (CTU/line/frame) precise bitrate control model.
Superplayer is a free player provided by VOD.
- It offers simple encoding. Videos can be played back with only the video ID required.
- It features adaptive bitrate streaming to improve the playback experience.
- It supports playing back videos with hotlink protection enabled.
- It includes other features such as thumbnail preview and video cover generation.