Time-shift playback in live streaming is based on live recording, live streaming time shifting, and VOD accelerated distribution. After a live streaming starts, a viewer can choose a previous time point other than the current time to start watching. This is commonly used to play back highlights in sport events. Users can change the progress bar to view contents generated earlier than the current time without waiting until the end of the live streaming. At the same time, the live streaming stays the same and users can switch back to the live streaming.
To add the Tencent Cloud VOD domain name for time-shift playback, perform the following:
- Select HLS as the file type.
- Define the file storage duration, which should be no less than the time-shift duration.
You can submit a ticket, select “CSS” and request to activate time shifting feature and provide the following parameters:
- Time-shift duration, which refers to the maximum time-shift duration (up to 7 days currently).
- The defined duration may not take accurately. We recommend that you adding a little buffer.
- Suppose the duration is configured as 7200 (2 hours), you will be able to request time-shifted contents generated less than 2 hours ago (
delay, or the time-shift duration will range from 90 seconds to 2 hours). When any content generated more than 2 hours ago is requested,
HTTP 404will be returned even if there is live streaming content.
|[Domain]||The registered domain name of the time shifting feature, namely, the time-shift playback domain name you added to the VOD console.|
|timeshift||Fixed field which needs no modification|
|[AppName]||Application name. Suppose your application name is
|[StreamName]||Stream name. You need fill in the stream name of your request|
|timeshift.m3u8||Fixed field which needs no modification|
|delay||The time-shift duration in seconds. This value is larger than or equals to 90. It will default back to 90 if the configured value is less than 90.|
Suppose current time-shift domain name is
testtimeshift.com, time-shift application name is
live and the stream name is
SLPUrIFzGPE. If you need to play back live content generated five minutes ago, the request URL should be: