This document guides you through how to quickly upload a video from your local file system to VOD and use VOD features to process it, so that you can directly watch an accelerated and watermarked output video on a webpage. The local video file
Tencent Cloud.mp4 is used as an example here.
Step 1. Activate VOD
- Sign up for a Tencent Cloud account and complete identity verification.
- Purchase the VOD service. For details, see Billing Overview.
- Select Products > Video Services > Video on Demand to enter the VOD console.
If the VOD service has already been activated, skip this step.
Step 2. Upload a video
- Click Media Assets > Video Management on the left sidebar.
- Click Upload Video and select Local Upload as the Upload Method.
- Click Select Video and select the local video file
- For Process Video, select No processing after upload and click Upload in the bottom-left corner.
Step 3. Create a watermark template
- Select Video Processing > Template Settings on the left sidebar.
- Select the Watermark tab.
- Click Create Watermark Template, configure the following settings, and click Create.
## Step 4. Process the video
- Select Uploaded on the Media Assets > Video Management page.
- Check "Tencent Cloud.mp4" and click Process Video.
- In the Process Video pop-up, select Transcoding as the Processing Type.
- Click Transcoding Template, and then select one or more transcoding templates.
- For Watermark Template, click the drop-down list, and then select p001 under Select watermark.
- Check Thumbnail, and then click Confirm.
Step 5. Get a playback URL
- Click Manage in the Operation column of
- In the Standard Transcoding List section, click Copy URL in the Operation column of MP4-SD-SD.
- Paste the copied URL into the address bar on a web browser and press Enter to play back the video.