This document guides you through how to quickly upload a video from your local file system to VOD and use VOD features to process it, so that you can directly watch an accelerated and watermarked output video on a webpage. The local video file
Tencent Cloud.mp4 is used as an example here.
Step 1. Activate VOD
- Sign up for a Tencent Cloud account and complete identity verification.
- Purchase the VOD service. For more information, please see Billing Overview.
- Select Cloud Products > Video Services > Video on Demand to enter the VOD console.
If the VOD service has already been activated, please proceed directly to the next step.
Step 2. Upload a video
- Click Media Assets on the left sidebar.
- Click Upload Video and select Local Upload for Upload method.
- Click Select Video and select the local video file
- In the Video Processing configuration item, select No Processing After Upload and click Start Upload in the bottom-left corner.
Step 3. Create a watermarking template
- Select Video Processing > Templates on the left sidebar.
- Select the Watermarking Template tab.
- Click Create Watermarking Template, make the following settings on this page, and click Create.
Step 4. Process the video
- Select Uploaded on the Media Assets page.
Tencent Cloud.mp4 and click Video Processing.
- In the Video Processing pop-up box, select Transcode for Processing Type.
- In the Transcoding Template configuration item, click Transcoding Template and select MP4-SD and MP4-HD (you can select multiple transcoding templates).
- In the Watermarking Template configuration item, click the drop-down list and select Select Watermarking Template. A drop-down list will pop up on the right where you can select p001.
- In the Video Cover configuration item, check Use First Frame as Cover and click OK.
Step 5. Get a playback link
- Click Manage in the Operation column at the row of
- Click MP4-SD-SD in the Standard Transcoding List module and click Copy address in the Operation column.
- Paste the copied URL into the address bar on a web browser and press Enter to play back the video.