Creating a Custom Sub-user
Last updated: 2020-01-10 14:21:06PDF
This document describes how to create a custom sub-user and configure permissions for it. The sub-user can manage the resources under the root account within the scope of the permissions.
- Log in to the CAM Console and select User > User List in the left sidebar.
- On the User List page, click Create User.
- Click Create a custom user.
- On the User Type page, click Access resources and receive messages.
- Enter a username (required), notes, a mobile phone number, and an email address.
- Click Add User to add more users. You can create up to 10 users at a time.
- The sub-user will log in with the username, so the username cannot be changed once the user is created.
- Configure the Access Mode for the sub-user.
- Programming access: enable SecretId and SecretKey, and the sub-user can use TencentCloud APIs, SDKs, and other development tools to manage the resources of the root account within the scope of permissions.
- Tencent Cloud Console access: enable password, and the sub-user can log in to the Tencent Cloud console to manage the resources of the root account within the scope of permissions.
To ensure the security of your account, it is recommended to enable login and operation protection.
- Click Next.
- On the permissions configuration page, configure permissions for the new sub-user in one of the following ways according to your needs. After being associated with a policy, the sub-user will have the permissions described by the policy.
- Select policies from the policy list: click Select policies from the policy list and select the policies you want to associate with the sub-user.
- Use existing user policies: click Use existing user policies and select the user whose permissions you want to use; the new sub-user will be associated with the policies of the existing user.
- Use group permissions: you can add the sub-user to an existing user group or a new user group, and the sub-user will be associated with the policies of the user group. This is the best way to manage user permissions by roles and functions.
- Click Next to go to the review page.
- On the review page, double check the information, click Done, and you will see a prompt that you have successfully created a user.
- You can obtain the sub-user information in the following ways.
- Click Enter user’s email > OK and the information on the new sub-user will be sent to the email address.
- Click Download Security Credentials and some of the information will be saved to a local Excel file.