This document describes how to change the password for a sub-user. After the modification, the sub-user can use the new password to log in and manage resources under the root account.
These directions only apply to created custom sub-users.
- In User List, locate the sub-user whose password needs to be changed and click the username to enter the user details page.
- Go to Security > Access Security > Console Login Management and click Manage as shown below:
- In the Console Access window that pops up, set the password for the current user as shown below:
- If the current sub-user needs to access Tencent Cloud by logging in to the console, select Enable for Console Access.
- If you need to set a new password for the sub-user, you can do so in the following two ways:
- If you select Auto-generate password in Access Password, the system will automatically generate a console login password. You can copy and save it. If needed, you can also click Download .csv to save the password.
- If you select Customize Password in Access Password, enter the password you want to set as the sub-user's console login password.
- If you want the current user to reset their own password, you can select Enforce Password Reset. The sub-user will be required to reset their console login password the next time they log in.
For more information on how to create custom sub-users, please see Creating a Custom Sub-user.
For more information on how to change the login password for collaborators, please see Modifying Account Password.