Tencent Cloud Data Transmission Service (DTS) is a data transfer service that integrates such features as data migration, sync, and subscription, helping you migrate your databases without interrupting your business and build a high-availability database architecture for remote disaster recovery through real-time sync channels. Its data subscription feature grants you real-time access to incrementally updated data in your TencentDB instance, so that you can consume such data based on your business needs. Currently, DTS for Redis supports data migration on different versions of Redis and in various network scenarios.
|Source instance||Source instance of the migration.|
|Target instance||Target instance to be migrated to, i.e., user-purchased TencentDB for Redis.|
|Self-built instance on CVM||Redis service deployed on a CVM instance.|
|Self-built instance on public network||Redis service deployed on a public network.|
For compatibility issues with migration from standard architecture to cluster architecture, please see Notes on Migration from Standard to Cluster Architecture.
DTS supports data migration and data sync across a public network, CVM-created instances, Direct Connect gateways, VPN gateways, and CCN.
|2.8 Memory Edition (standard architecture)||4.0 Memory Edition (standard architecture)||4.0 Memory Edition (cluster architecture)||5.0 Memory Edition (standard architecture)||5.0 Memory Edition (cluster architecture)|
|2.8 Memory Edition (standard architecture)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|4.0 Memory Edition (standard architecture)||x||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|4.0 Memory Edition (cluster architecture)||x||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|5.0 Memory Edition (standard architecture)||x||x||x||✓||✓|
|5.0 Memory Edition (cluster architecture)||x||x||x||✓||✓|
1) Log in to the DTS console and click Create Migration Task on the data migration page.
2) Select the corresponding region in Linkage Region and click Buy at 0 USD.
- To modify the scheduled task, you must click Scheduled start again after the verification is passed, so as to make the task start at the specified time.
- If the specified time has passed, the task will start immediately. You can also click Immediate start to start the task immediately.
Redis instances on CVM are used here as an example, and the same is true for migration of instances over a public network.
|Task name||Name of the migration task||Used by users for their management of tasks||Yes|
|CVM instance (ID/private IP)||ID and private IP of the CVM instance where the source Redis instance resides||The migration task checks the CVM running conditions and private IP based on the CVM instance ID||Yes|
|Port||Port number of source instance||The migration task will access the source instance service||Yes|
|Password||Source instance password||The password is used for the authentication for accessing the source instance||No|
|TencentDB instance ID||Target instance ID||Data is synchronized to the target instance||Yes|
Notes on migration in the cluster edition
DTS supports migration in the Redis Cluster Edition. For cluster schemes with the Redis Cluster, Codis, or twemproxy architecture, simply enter the addresses and passwords of all shard nodes of the source cluster as the node information when creating the task. It is strongly recommended to perform data migration from a replica node of the source instance to avoid any impact on business access to the source instance. DTS supports password-free migration. The following is an example for entering relevant information for migration:
1) After the network connectivity test is successful, click Save.
2) DTS begins to verify the migration task, and once the migration requirements are met, the migration task will be started.
3) Upon task start, the task status will change to Verifying, indicating that another round of parameter verification is underway. During this process, you are only able to cancel or view the task or check the verification progress.
4) After parameter verification is successful, data migration will start.
During data sync, changes in data offset, source instance, and target instance key will be displayed.
DTS supports migration interruption alarming to keep you informed of any exceptions. A migration alarm can be configured as follows:
1) Log in to the Cloud Monitor console and select Alarm Configuration > Alarm Policy on the left sidebar.
2) Click Create to create an alarm policy.
Before disabling data sync, the data can be verified on the target instance, and if everything is correct, the migration task can be completed.
If the keys of the source instance and the target instance are identical, click Complete to finish data sync.