Last updated: 2019-07-26 17:34:29PDF
Compared to self-built Hadoop, Tencent Cloud EMR provides simpler, more stable, and more reliable Hadoop services that simplify big data processing and analysis.
- With Tencent Cloud Elastic MapReduce (EMR), you can create a secure and reliable Hadoop cluster in just a few minutes to run many mainstream open-source big data frameworks such as Hive, Spark, and Presto.
- Additionally, you can elastically scale up your EMR cluster to meet increasing computing needs for data analytics and scale down to reduce IT hardware costs as the needs drop.
- The master node is designed with disaster recovery in mind, and if it fails, a slave node will be started in seconds to ensure the availability of big data services.
- A comprehensive monitoring system is in place, which can send SMS messages for exceptions in cluster components and tasks in a matter of seconds.
- Hive metadata can be stored in TencentDB with a metadata reliability of 99.9996%.
- Petabytes of high-persistence data stored in COS can be analyzed.
- The recycle bin feature is enabled for clusters by default
- The network policy for managed Hadoop clusters can be well planned through the convenient network isolation enabled by VPCs. Network ACLs and security groups can be created to filter traffic at the subnet and server levels, helping meet your network security needs in all aspects.
- Tencent Cloud security reinforcement service provides an integrated security solution for EMR clusters, ranging from network protection and intrusion detection to vulnerability protection.
Ease of use
- Different clusters versions can be created to analyze the same data in COS in response to the actual business needs.
- Petabytes of data stored in data nodes or COS can be analyzed with the aid of out-of-the-box community components such as Hue and Oozie, eliminating your concerns over any knowledge migration costs.
- EMR allows elastic scaling of your managed Hadoop cluster based on the business curve to reduce the high hardware costs.
- It comes with a rich set of OPS tools which greatly improves efficiency and enable you to focus on the business itself without having to worry about infrastructure concerns such as monitoring and security.