Last updated: 2020-04-22 11:46:57PDF
When you no longer need an EMR cluster, you can terminate it in the EMR Console.
- On-demand cluster: once terminated, the cluster will not be retained in the recycle bin but will be completely terminated and cannot be recovered. Please do so with caution.
Before terminating a cluster, please make sure that your data has been backed up as it cannot be recovered after termination.
- Log in to the EMR Console and select Cluster List on the left sidebar.
- In the Management column of the instance, select More > Terminate to enter the termination page.
- On the cluster termination page, there are two steps for you to confirm the termination options and confirm the termination.
If there is an EIP (an IP with a secondary ENI), the instance will be retained once returned, and the idle IP will continue to incur fees. If you don't need to retain it, please release it on the corresponding resource management page.
- After confirming that everything is correct, click Start Termination to terminate the cluster.
If MetaDB in the cluster to be terminated is associated with an external cluster as a Hive metadatabase, it will be retained when the cluster is terminated; if you no longer need it, please go to the TencentDB Console to terminate it. Hive metadatabases cannot be recovered once terminated. Please do so with caution.