This document describes how to add components in the Elastic MapReduce Console.
- Please manage the components through Cluster Service. If you log in to the node and change components, such as adding a component, the changes will not be synced to the console and thus cannot be further managed.
- Components on a different EMR version or component version cannot be added. Instead, you can only add components on the current EMR version.
- Log in to the Elastic MapReduce Console, select Cluster List, and click the ID/Name of the target cluster to enter the cluster details page.
- On the cluster details page, select Cluster Service > Add Component to add a component not installed in the cluster.
- If there is no metadatabase in the cluster and Hive, Sqoop, Hue, Ranger, Oozie, and Presto are to be installed, you need to purchase a TencentDB instance as the metadata store. There are two storage methods for Hive metadata: you can store the metadata in the default MetaDB instance of the cluster or associate the metadata with EMR-MetaDB or a self-built MySQL database. In the latter case, metadata will be stored in an associated database and will not be terminated when the cluster is terminated.
- The selection for MetaDB purchase and Hive metadatabase is the same as when you purchase a new cluster.
- After selecting the component, click OK.