Last updated: 2020-04-22 11:46:57PDF
This document describes how to add a component that is not installed in the cluster in the EMR Console.
Please manage the components through Component Management. Component changes made directly to a server (such as adding a component) will not be synced to the console and thus cannot be further managed.
- Log in to the EMR Console and click Component Management on the left sidebar. Then, you can perform operations such as Add Component, Rolling Restart, and Reset Native UI Password. In the Operation column of a component, click Configure to perform operations on it such as adding or modifying parameters and rolling back at the cluster or server level. Click Manage Role to enter the service/node-level management page of the component. The following uses Add Component as an example to describe how to add a component that is not installed in the cluster.
- On the component management page, click Add Component.
- If there is no metadatabase in the cluster and Hive, Sqoop, Hue, Ranger, Oozie, and Presto are to be installed, you need to purchase a TencentDB instance as the metadata store. There are two storage methods for Hive metadata: you can store the metadata in the default MetaDB instance of the cluster or associate the metadata with EMR-MetaDB or a self-built MySQL database. In the latter case, metadata will be stored in an associated database and will not be terminated when the cluster is terminated.
- The selection for MetaDB purchase and Hive metadatabase is the same as when you purchase a new cluster.
- After selecting the desired item, click OK.