Role management provides OPS and operation features at the role service level. You can restart, pause, and maintain cluster service roles. Role status can be monitored to help you stay on top of the real-time status of role processes.
- Restart: the selected service role will be restarted on a rolling basis by server.
- Pause: the servers in the selected service role will be paused, which can then be resumed by using the Start feature.
- Maintenance: the process daemon will be stopped for the servers in the selected service role. When a process becomes exceptional for various reasons, no alarming or automatic recovery will occur. This is suitable for server debugging. You can use the Exit Maintenance feature to resume the daemon.
- Log in to the EMR Console, select Cluster List, and click the ID/Name of the target cluster to enter the cluster details page.
- On the cluster details page, select Cluster Service and click Operation > Role Management in the top-right corner of the target component block. The following uses Hive as an example.
- The Role Management column displays whether the current service is running or paused, and the Maintenance Status column displays whether the current service is under maintenance.