A security group is a stateful virtual firewall capable of filtering. As an important means for network security isolation provided by Tencent Cloud, it can be used to set network access controls for one or more TencentDB instances. Instances with the same network security isolation demands in one region can be put into the same security group, which is a logical group. TencentDB and CVM share the security group list and are matched with each other within the security group based on rules. For specific rules and limitations, please see Security Group Overview.
- TencentDB for MySQL security groups currently only support network access control for VPCs and public networks but not the classic network.
- TencentDB security groups in the Frankfurt, Silicon Valley, Singapore regions currently do not support public network access control.
- As TencentDB does not have active outbound traffic, outbound rules are not applicable to TencentDB.
- TencentDB for MySQL security groups support source and read-only instances.
- Security groups are not supported for basic single-node TencentDB for MySQL instances.
|Open all ports||All ports are open. May present security issues.||-|
|Open ports 22, 80, 443, and 3389 and the ICMP protocol||Ports 22, 80, 443, and 3389 and the ICMP protocol are opened to the internet. All ports are opened to the private network.||This template does not take effect for TencentDB.|
|Custom||You can create a security group and then add custom rules. For detailed directions, please see "Step 2. Add a security group rule" below.||-|
|Source or Target||Description|
|A single IPv4 address or an IPv4 range||In CIDR notation, such as |
|A single IPv6 address or an IPv6 range||In CIDR notation, such as |
|ID of referenced security group. You can reference the ID of:|
|Reference an IP address object or IP address group object in a parameter template.||-|
To connect to a TencentDB for MySQL instance, you must open its port.
- TencentDB for MySQL uses private network port 3306 by default and supports customizing the port. If the default port is changed, the new port should be opened in the security group.
- TencentDB for MySQL uses public network port 60719 by default. You can log in to the TencentDB for MySQL console, click an instance ID in the instance list, and view its port number on the instance details page.
Scenario: you have created a TencentDB for MySQL instance and want to access it from a CVM instance.
Solution: when adding security group rules, select MySQL(3306) in Type to open port 3306.
You can also set Source to all or specific IPs (IP ranges) as needed to allow them to access TencentDB for MySQL from a CVM instance.
|Inbound||MySQL(3306)||All IPs: 0.0.0.0/0
Specific IPs: specify IPs or IP ranges
A security group is an instance-level firewall provided by Tencent Cloud for controlling inbound traffic of TencentDB. You can associate a security group with an instance when purchasing it or later in the console.
Currently, security groups can be configured only for TencentDB for MySQL instances in VPC.
As existing rules will be overwritten after importing, we recommend that you export the existing rules before importing new ones.