Besides the default root account created by the system, you can create other business accounts in the TencentDB for MySQL console based on your actual business needs.
- Log in to the TencentDB for MySQL console. In the instance list, click an instance ID or Manage in the Operation column to access the instance management page.
- On the instance management page, select Database Management> Account Management and click Create Account.
- In the pop-up window, enter the account name, host, password, and confirm password and click OK.
- Account Name:
- The account name in MySQL 5.5 and 5.6 can contain 1–16 letters, digits, and underscores (_) and must begin with a letter and end with a letter or digit.
- The account name in MySQL 5.7 and 8.0 can contain 1–32 letters, digits, and underscores (_) and must begin with a letter and end with a letter or digit.
- Host: the host address for database access can be an IP and contain
% (indicating not to limit the IP range). Multiple hosts should be separated by line breaks, spaces, semicolons, commas, or vertical bars.
- Example 1: enter
% to indicate not to limit the IP range, that is, clients at all IP addresses are allowed to use this account to access the database.
- Example 2: enter
10.5.10.%, which means that clients whose IP range is within
10.5.10.% are allowed to use this account to access the database.
- Password: the password must contain 8–64 characters in at least two of the following character types: letters, digits, and special symbols
- Maximum Connections: the number of connections for this account, which must be no more than 10,240. If you don't enter a value, no limit will be imposed (subject to the maximum number of connections).
- After successful creation, the database account can be managed in the database account list of the current instance.