Besides the default root account created by the system, you can create other database accounts in the TencentDB for MySQL console based on your actual business needs.
- Log in to the TencentDB for MySQL console. In the instance list, click an instance ID or Manage in the Operation column and enter the instance management page.
- Select Manage Database > Manage Account and click Create.
- In the pop-up dialog box, enter the account name, server, password, and confirm password and click OK.
- Account Name: the database account name can contain 1-16 letters, digits, and underscores (_) and must begin with a letter and end with a letter or digit.
- Server: the host address can be an IP and contain
% (indicating not to limit the IP range). Multiple hosts should be separated by line breaks, spaces, semicolons, commas, or vertical bars.
- Example 1: enter
% to indicate not to limit the IP range, that is, clients at all IP addresses are allowed to use this account to access the database.
- Example 2: enter
10.5.10.%, which means that clients whose IP range is within
10.5.10.% are allowed to use this account to access the database.
- Set Password: the password must contain 8-64 characters in at least two of the following character types: letters, digits, and special characters (_+-&=!@#$%^*()).
- After successful creation, the database account can be managed in the database account list of the current instance.