TencentDB for MySQL will not alter any of your data. Data corrupted due to personal reasons can be recovered through rollback in a self-service manner. A rollback feature is provided to roll back databases or tables in Tencent Cloud based on data backup and binlog backup. Real-time data rollback is supported.
By re-constructing periodical images and real-time transactions, the TencentDB for MySQL rollback feature can roll back a database or table to the specified point in time and the time slices of all data are guaranteed to be identical. A new database or table will be generated in the original instance, and during the process, the original database or table can be accessed normally. Upon the completion of rollback, you can see both the new and original databases or tables.
The rollback feature can roll back databases or tables to a specified point in time based on
cold data backup and corresponding binlog backup.
- If rollback is to be performed on only one instance, you can also go to the instance management page and click Rollback in the top-right corner.
- Up to 5 rollback tasks can be initiated at a time under the same APPID.
- Only databases/tables whose name contains digits, letters, underscores, or their combinations can be rolled back. Databases/tables with names containing special characters are not supported.
- In the mode where specified databases/tables can be rolled back only, a maximum of 500 databases/tables in the same instance can be rolled back at a time.
- If the rollback involves composite operations on other databases or tables during the execution of binlogs, the SQL statements may fail.
- If the rollback involves foreign keys and other constraints of the table during the execution of binlogs, the SQL statements may fail.
- Only one rollback time can be set for each instance.
- If you choose to set a batch rollback time, all databases or tables will be rolled back at the specified time.
- If you choose to set a single-table rollback time, tables will be rolled back at their respective rollback time.
- The database or table name after rollback can contain up to 64-bit letters, digits, decimal points (.), dashes (-), underscores (_), and $.
After submission, go to Operation Logs > Rollback Log where you can view the rollback progress. Click View Details to view the rollback log in real time.
Upon the completion of rollback, select Database Management > Database List and you can see the new table after rollback in the original instance.