This document describes how to create a TencentDB for MySQL instance in the console.
You have registered a Tencent Cloud account and completed identity verification.
- Log in to the TencentDB for MySQL purchase page, configure the following instance information, and click Buy Now.
- Billing Mode: pay-as-you-go
- If the request volume of your business fluctuates greatly and instantaneously, we recommend you choose pay-as-you-go billing.
- Region: select the region that you want your TencentDB for MySQL instance to be deployed in. We recommend that you use the same region as the CVM instance to be connected to. Tencent Cloud products in different regions cannot communicate with each other over the private network. The region cannot be modified after purchase.
- Architecture: single-node, two-node, or three-node. For more information, please see Database Architecture.
- Source AZ and Replica AZ: select different source and replica AZs (i.e., multi-AZ deployment) to protect your database from failures and AZ outages.
If the source and replica nodes are in different AZs, there may be an additional network sync delay of 2–3 ms.
- Resource Isolation Policy: basic, general, or dedicated. For more information, please see Resource Isolation Policy.
- Network: select the network where the TencentDB for MySQL instance resides, which is "Default-VPC (default)" by default. We recommend that you select the same VPC in the same region as the CVM instance to be connected to. Otherwise, the MySQL instance cannot connect to the CVM instance over the private network.
- Security Group: for more information on security group creation and management, please see TencentDB Security Group Management.
Port 3306 must be opened for the MySQL instance through the inbound rule of the security group. The MySQL instance uses private network port 3306 by default and supports custom port. If the default port is changed, the new port should be opened in the security group.
- Parameter Template: besides the system parameter template provided by TencentDB, you can create a custom parameter template. For more information, please see Managing Parameter Templates.
- Alarm Policy: you can create an alarm policy to trigger alarms and send messages when the Tencent Cloud resource state changes. For more information, please see Alarm Policies (Cloud Monitor).
- Specify Project: select a project to which the TencentDB instance belongs. The default project is used.
- Quantity: you can purchase up to 10 pay-as-you-go instances in each AZ.
- You will be returned to the instance list after you purchase the instance. The instance will be in the Delivering status. You can initialize the instance after around 3-5 minutes when its status changes to "Uninitialized".
After a TencentDB for MySQL instance is purchased, you need to initialize it. For more information, please see Initializing MySQL Instances.