To purchase instances, you need to verify your identity first. For more information, please see the Identity Verification Guide.
Purchasing Instances in the TencentDB Console
- Log in to the MySQL purchase page, specify the instance information based on your needs, and click Buy Now.
- Billing Mode: pay-as-you-go billing is supported.
- If the request volume of your business fluctuates greatly and instantaneously, we recommend you choose pay-as-you-go billing.
- Region: select the region that you want your TencentDB for MySQL instance to be deployed in. We recommend that you use the same region as the CVM instance to be connected to. Tencent Cloud products in different regions cannot communicate with each other over the private network. The region cannot be modified after purchase.
- Primary AZ and Secondary AZ: select different primary and secondary AZs (i.e., multi-AZ deployment) to protect your database from failures and AZ outages.
If the source and replica instances are in different AZs, there may be an additional network sync delay of 2–3 ms.
- Network: select the network where the TencentDB for MySQL instance resides, which is "Default-VPC (default)" by default. We recommend that you select the same VPC in the same region as the CVM instance to be connected to. Otherwise, the MySQL instance cannot connect to the CVM instance over the private network.
- Security Group: for more information on security group creation and management, please see TencentDB Security Group.
Port 3306 must be opened for the MySQL instance through the inbound rule of the security group. The MySQL instance uses private network port 3306 by default and supports custom port. If the default port is changed, the new port should be opened in the security group.
- Architecture: provides the Basic Edition, the High-availability Edition, and the Finance Edition. For more information, please see Database Architecture.
- Specify Project: select a project to which the TencentDB instance belongs. The default project is used.
- Quantity: you can purchase up to 10 pay-as-you-go instances in each AZ.
- You will be returned to the instance list after you purchase the instance. The instance will be in the "Delivering" status. You can initialize the instance after around 5-10 minutes when its status changes to "Uninitialized".
Purchasing an Instance via an API
For more information on how to purchase a TencentDB instance via an API, please see CreateDBInstance.