This document describes how to connect to an initialized TencentDB for MySQL instance over a private or public network.
TencentDB for MySQL can be connected in the following methods:
CVM and TencentDB instances in different VPCs (under the same or different accounts in the same or different regions) can be interconnected over the private network through Cloud Connect Network.
The following describes how to connect to a TencentDB for MySQL instance from Windows and Linux CVM instances over the private and public networks.
We recommend that you download MySQL Workbench. Click here and download an installer based on your operating system.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 and Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 are required for the installation.
- You can click Download Prerequisites in the MySQL Workbench installation wizard to enter the corresponding page to download and install them. Then, install MySQL Workbench.
yum install mysql
Complete! is displayed, the MySQL client is installed successfully.
3. Perform the corresponding operation based on the connection method:
Private network connection:
mysql -h hostname -u username -p
- The default port number of MySQL is 3306.
- If the port number is 3306, you only need to replace
hostnamewith the IP address. For example, if the private network address is 10.16.0.11:3306, set
- If the port number is not 3306, you need to specify the port in the connection command in the format of
mysql -h hostname -P port -u username -p, such as
mysql -h 10.16.0.11 -P 5308 -u username -p.
rootaccount of the TencentDB for MySQL instance after
Enter password:is prompted. If you forgot the password, you can reset it as instructed in Resetting Password.
MySQL [(none)]>is displayed, you have logged in to MySQL successfully.
mysql -h hostname -P port -u username -p
Enter password:is prompted. If you forgot the password, reset it as instructed in Resetting Password.
hostnameis 59281c4exxx.myqcloud.com and public network port is 15311.
MySQL [(none)]>prompt, you can send an SQL statement to the MySQL server for execution. For specific command lines, see mysql Client Commands.
show databases;as an example:
If you encounter connection errors, we recommend you use One-Click Connectivity Checker to troubleshoot the problem first and then find the corresponding solution in Instance Connection Failure according to the check report.
We recommend troubleshooting and locating network connectivity problems quickly with the
If the verification with
telnet found that the network access of the TencentDB instance was good, but an error was reported when you tried to log in to it via the command line in the CVM instance, see FAQs > Connection and Login > Connection.
If the Basic Info section displays the public IP and port, the public network address has been enabled.
- After the public network address is enabled successfully, it can be viewed in basic information.
- The public network access can be disabled using the switch. When it is enabled again, the public network address corresponding to the domain name remains the same.