This document describes how to get started with LVB. Before trying out LVB, you’re advised to read the Pricing Overview of CSS to get familiar with its billable items and prices.
- Sign up for a Tencent Cloud account and complete identity verification. Unverified users cannot purchase CSS instances in the Chinese mainland.
- Go to the CSS service activation page, indicate your consent to the “Tencent Cloud Service Terms”, and click Apply for Activation to activate the CSS service.
Step 1. Add domain names
To use CSS, you should have at least one push domain name, and one playback domain name. You cannot use one domain name for both push and playback.
- Prepare your own domain names. For domain names in Chinese mainland regions, ICP filing is required.
Log in to the CSS console, enter Domain Management, and click Add Domain.
On the domain name adding page, enter your domain name, select the domain name type, and click Confirm.
- CSS provides a test domain name
xxxx.livepush.myqcloud.com. You can use it to test live push, but you’re not advised to use it as the push domain name for business purposes.
- After the domain name is added successfully, you can view its information in the domain name list in Domain Management. For how to manage it, please see Domain Management.
- For more information on live streaming domain names, please see Basic CSS Features.
- Once your domain name is added, the system will assign it a CNAME domain name (suffixed with
.tlivepush.com), which cannot be accessed before you complete the CNAME configuration at your DNS service provider. After the CNAME configuration takes effect, you can use CSS. The following example shows you how to add a CNAME record by assuming Tencent Cloud is your DNS service provider:
- Log in to the Tencent Cloud Domain Name Service console.
- Find the target domain name, and click Resolve.
- On the domain name resolution page, click Add Record.
- In the new line, enter the domain name prefix as the host record, select CNAME as the record type, and enter the CNAME domain name as the record value.
- Click Save.
- After a CNAME record is successfully added, it takes some time for the CNAME configuration to take effect. If the configuration fails, you cannot use CSS.
- After the CNAME configuration succeeds, you can see that the CNAME status has changed to in Domain Management of the CSS console.
- If the CNAME configuration failure persists, consult your DNS service provider.
- For more information on how to configure with other DNS service providers, please see Configuring CNAME for Domain Name.
Step 2. Get push URL
- Select CSS Toolkit > Address Generator.
- On the Address Generator page, configure as follows:
- Select Push Domain for Domain Type.
- Select the push domain name you added in Domain Management.
- Enter an AppName. It is
live by default.
- Enter a custom
StreamName, such as
- Select the URL expiration time, such as
- Click Generate Address to generate a push URL.
- In the push URL,
live is the default
txSecret is the signature for playing back the stream, and
txTime is the URL expiration time.
- In addition to the above method, you can also find the push domain name in Domain Management of the CSS console, click Manage, and select Push Configuration. In the Push Address Generator section, enter a push URL expiration time and a custom
StreamName, and then click Generate Push Address to generate a push URL.
- You can create and configure a desired feature template before generating the push URL based on your business needs and bind it to the push domain name. For prices of CSS value-added features, please see Pricing Overview.
Step 3. Push live stream
You can enter the generated push URL into the push software as appropriate for your use cases.
- For push on PCs, you’re advised to use OBS. For detailed directions, please see Push via OBS.
- For push on web, you’re advised to use Web Push: select a push domain name, enter a custom
StreamName, select a URL expiration time, turn the camera on, and click Start Push.
- For push on mobile devices, download and install Tencent Video Cloud Demo, open it, select Mobile Live Video Broadcasting > Push (Camera), enter the push URL into the address box manually or by scanning the QR code, and then tap the start icon in the bottom-left corner.
You can integrate Tencent Cloud MLVB SDK into customized apps for live push.
Step 4. Get playback URL
- After the push succeeds, select Stream Management > Live Streams, view the status of the target stream, and click Test to play back it.
- Select CSS Toolkit > Address Generator, and perform the following:
- Select Playback Domain for Domain Type.
- Select a playback domain name you added in Domain Management.
- Enter an AppName. It is
live by default.
- Enter the
StreamName in the push URL to play back the corresponding stream.
- Select a URL expiration time, such as
- To generate a playback URL for a transcoded stream, please select a transcoding template which must be bound to the domain name in the playback URL. For directions on how to bind a transcoding template, please see Live Transcoding > Binding Domain Name.
- Click Generate Address to generate a playback URL.
- You can use the following methods to test whether a live stream can be played back normally in different use cases:
- For playback test on PCs, you are advised to use tools such as VLC. For more information, please see Live Playback.
- For playback test on web, you are advised to use the TCPlayerLite player in the Player SDK. For more information, please see Live Playback.
- For playback test on mobile devices, you are advised to download and install Tencent Video Cloud Toolkit App, select Mobile Live Video Broadcasting > LVB Playback, enter the playback URL into the address box manually or by scanning the QR code, and tap the play icon in the bottom-left corner.
To push/play back a stream on an app, you can integrate the MLVB SDK into the app to supplement the CSS service. If you encounter any problem during the trial period, please see FAQs.
- To enable live recording, please create a recording template and bind it to a domain name first. For more information, please see Creating Recording Template.
- To enable live transcoding, please create a transcoding template and bind it to a domain name first. For more information, please see Creating Transcoding Template.
- To enable live watermarking, please create a watermark template and bind it to a domain name first. For more information, please see Creating Recording Template.
- To enable live screencapture and porn detection, please create a screencapture and porn detection template and bind it to a domain name first. For more information, please see Creating Screencapture and Porn Detection Template.
- To enable live stream mixing, please call the stream mixing API CreateCommonMixStream.