This document describes how to get started with LVB. Before trying out LVB, we recommend you read the Pricing Overview of LVB to get familiar with the billable items and prices and avoid confusions.
- Sign up for a Tencent Cloud account and complete identity verification.
- Go to the LVB service activation page, indicate your consent to the Tencent Cloud Service Agreement, and click Apply for Activation to activate the LVB service.
Step 1. Add a domain name
To use LVB, you should have at least two domain names, one as the push domain name, and the other as the playback domain name. Push and playback cannot use the same domain name.
- Prepare your own domain names. For domain names in Chinese mainland regions, ICP filing is required.
- Log in to the LVB console, enter Domain Management, and click Add Domain.
- On the domain name adding page, enter your domain name, select the domain name type, and click OK.
- LVB provides a test domain name
xxxx.livepush.myqcloud.com by default. You can use it for push testing, but we recommend you not use it as the push domain name for your real business.
- After the domain name is added successfully, you can view its information in the domain name list in Domain Management. If you need to manage it, please see Domain Name Management.
- For more information on LVB domain names, please see Basic LVB Features.
- Once your domain name is added, the system will automatically assign it a CNAME domain name (suffixed with
.liveplay.myqcloud.com), which cannot be accessed directly before you complete the CNAME configuration at your domain name service provider. After the configuration takes effect, LVB can be used properly. The following uses Tencent Cloud as the DNS service provider as an example to describe how to add a CNAME record:
- Log in to the Tencent Cloud Domain Name Service console.
- Select the domain name for which you want to add a CNAME record and click Resolve.
- Enter the domain name resolution page and click Add Record.
- In the new column, enter the domain name prefix as the host record, select CNAME as the record type, and enter the CNAME domain name as the record value.
- Click Save.
- After a CNAME record is successfully added, it generally takes some time to take effect. If the CNAME configuration fails, you cannot use LVB.
- After the CNAME configuration succeeds, you can see that the status symbol of the CNAME address in Domain Management in the LVB console has changed to .
- If the CNAME configuration failure persists, please consult your domain name registrar.
- For more information on how to configure with other DNS service providers, please see CNAME Configuration.
Step 2. Get a push address
- Select LVB Toolbox > Address Generator.
- Enter the address generator page and configure as follows:
- Select Push domain as the type of generation.
- Select the push domain name you added in Domain Management.
- Enter a custom
StreamName, such as
- Select the expiration time of the address, such as
- Click Generate Address to generate a push address.
- The format of the push address is as follows:
live is the default
txSecret is the signature for playing back the stream, and
txTime is the expiration time of the push address.
- In addition to the above method, you can also select a push domain name in Domain Management in the LVB console, click Manage, select Push Configuration, enter the expiration time of the push address and the custom
StreamName, and click Generate Push Address to generate a push address.
- You can create and configure a desired feature template before generating the push address based on your actual business needs and bind it to the push domain name. For prices of value-added features, please see Pricing Overview.
Step 3. Push a live stream
You can enter the generated push address into the corresponding push software according to your business scenario.
- For push on PCs, we recommend you use OBS. For detailed directions, please see OBS Push.
- For push on web, we recommend you go to Auxiliary Tools > Web Push, select the push domain name, enter the custom
StreamName, select the address expiration time, open the camera, and click Start Push.
- For push on mobile devices, download and install "Tencent Video Cloud Demo", open it, select MLVB > Camera Push, enter the push address into the address box manually or by scanning the QR code, and tap Start in the bottom-left corner to start push.
Customized apps can integrate with the MLVB SDK provided by Tencent Cloud to implement the push function.
Step 4. Get a playback address
- After push succeeds, select Stream Management > Online Streams, view the status of the push address, and click Test to play back the stream online.
- Select LVB Toolbox > Address Generator to get a playback address and configure as follows:
- Select Playback domain as the type of generation.
- Select the playback domain name you added in Domain Management.
- Enter the same
StreamName as that of the push address. The
StreamName of the playback address must be the same as that of the push address to play back the corresponding stream.
- Select the expiration time of the address, such as
- Click Generate Address to generate a playback address.
- You can use the following methods to test whether a live stream can be played back normally based on your business scenario:
- For stream test on PCs, we recommend you use tools such as VLC. For more information, please see LVB Playback.
- For stream test on web, we recommend you use TCPlayerLite in the Player SDK. For more information, please see LVB Playback.
- For stream test on mobile devices, we recommend you download and install Tencent Video Cloud Demo, open it, select MLVB > LVB Pull, enter the playback address into the address box manually or by scanning the QR code, and tap *Play in the bottom-left corner to start watching.
If you need to push/play back a stream in an app, you can integrate the MLVB SDK to use the LVB service. If you encounter any problem during the trial, please see FAQs.
- To enable LVB recording, create a recording template and bind it to a domain name. For more information, please see Recording Configuration.
- To enable LVB transcoding, create a transcoding template and bind it to a domain name. For more information, please see Transcoding Configuration.
- To enable LVB watermark, create a watermark template and bind it to a domain name. For more information, please see Watermark Configuration.
- To enable LVB screencapture and porn detection, create a screencapture and porn detection template and bind it to a domain name. For more information, please see Screencapture and Porn Detection Configuration.
- To enable LVB stream mixing, call the stream mixing API. For more information, please see CreateCommonMixStream.