This document describes how to get started with CSS. Before trying out CSS, you're advised to read the Pricing Overview of CSS to get familiar with its billable items and prices.
To use CSS, you should have at least one push domain name and one playback domain name. You cannot use one domain name for both push and playback.
- CSS provides a test domain name
xxxx.livepush.myqcloud.com. You can use it to test live push, but you’re not advised to use it as the push domain name for business purposes.
- After the domain name is added successfully, you can view its information in the domain name list in Domain Management. For how to manage it, see Domain Management.
- For more information on live streaming domain names, please see Basic CSS Features.
4. Once your domain name is added, the system will assign it a CNAME domain name (suffixed with
.tlivepush.com), which cannot be accessed before you complete the CNAME configuration at your DNS service provider. After the CNAME configuration takes effect, you can use CSS. The following example shows you how to add a CNAME record by assuming Tencent Cloud is your DNS service provider:
- After a CNAME record is successfully added, it takes some time for the CNAME configuration to take effect. If the configuration fails, you cannot use CSS.
- After the CNAME configuration succeeds, you can see that the status symbol of the CNAME address in Domain Management in the CSS console has changed to .
- If the CNAME configuration failure persists, consult your DNS service provider.
- For more information on how to configure with other DNS service providers, please see Configuring CNAME for Domain Name.
StreamName, such as
- In the push URL,
liveis the default
txSecretis the signature for playing back the stream, and
txTimeis the URL expiration time.
- Here is another way to generate a push URL: In Domain Management, find the push domain name you want use to generate a push URL, click Manage, select Push Configuration, enter an expiration time for the URL and a custom
StreamName, and click Generate Push Address.
- You can create and configure a desired feature template before generating the push URL based on your business needs and bind it to the push domain name. For prices of CSS value-added features, see Pricing Overview.
You can enter the generated push URL into the push software as appropriate for your use cases.
For push on PCs, you're advised to use OBS. For detailed directions, see Push via OBS.
For push on web, you're advised to use Web Push: select a push domain name, enter a custom
StreamName, select a URL expiration time, turn the camera on, and click Start Push.
For push on mobile devices, download and install Tencent Video Cloud Demo, open it, select Mobile Live Video Broadcasting > Push (Camera), enter the push URL into the address box manually or by scanning the QR code, and then tap the start icon in the bottom-left corner to push the stream.
You can integrate Tencent Cloud MLVB SDK into customized apps for live push.
After push succeeds, select Stream Management > Online Streams, view the status of the push URL, and click Test to play back the stream online.
Select CSS Toolbox > Address Generator to get a playback address and configure as follows:
StreamNamein the push URL to play back the corresponding stream.
You can use the following methods to test whether a live stream can be played back normally in different use cases:
For playback test on mobile devices, you're advised to download and install Tencent Video Cloud Toolkit App, select Mobile Live Video Broadcasting > LVB Playback, enter the playback URL into the address box manually or by scanning the QR code, and tap the play icon in the bottom-left corner.
To push/play back a stream on an app, you can integrate the [MLVB SDK](https:// intl.cloud.tencent.com/product/mlvb) into the app to supplement the CSS service. If you encounter any problem during the trial period, please see FAQs.