This document describes how to get started with LVB. Before trying out LVB, you are recommended to read the Pricing Overview of LVB to get familiar with the billable items and prices and avoid confusions.
- Sign up for a Tencent Cloud account and complete identity verification.
- Go to the LVB service activation page, indicate your consent to the Tencent Cloud Service Agreement, and click Apply for Activation to activate the LVB service.
Step 1. Add a domain name
To use LVB, you should have at least two domain names, one as the push domain name, and the other as the playback domain name. Push and playback cannot use the same domain name.
- Prepare your own domain names and get ICP filings for them.
- If your domain names have not obtained an ICP filing, you can go to Tencent Cloud Website ICP Filing Service to apply for ICP filing.
You should apply for ICP filing for your domain names according to the regulations of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) of China. The application process takes several business days to complete, so you are recommended to start an application in advance. A new ICP filing can be synced to Tencent Cloud servers in one business day; therefore, a newly filed domain name may appear to be not filed when it is added.
- Log in to the LVB Console, enter Domain Management, and click Add Domain.
- On the domain name adding page, enter your filed domain name, select the domain name type, and click OK.
- LVB provides a test domain name
xxxx.livepush.myqcloud.com by default. You can use it for push testing, but you are not recommended to use it as the push domain name for your real business.
- After the domain name is added successfully, you can view its information in the domain name list in Domain Management. If you need to manage it, please see Domain Management.
- Once your domain name is added, the system will automatically assign it a CNAME domain name (suffixed with
.liveplay.myqcloud.com), which cannot be accessed directly before you complete the CNAME configuration at your domain name service provider. After the configuration takes effect, LVB can be used properly. The following uses Tencent Cloud as the DNS service provider as an example to describe how to add a CNAME record:
- Log in to the Tencent Cloud Domain Name Service Console.
- Select the domain name for which you want to add a CNAME record and click Resolve.
- Enter the domain name resolution page and click Add Record.
- In the new column, enter the domain name prefix as the host record, select CNAME as the record type, and enter the CNAME domain name as the record value.
- Click Save.
- After a CNAME record is successfully added, it generally takes some time to take effect. If the CNAME configuration fails, you cannot use LVB.
- After the CNAME configuration succeeds, you can see that the status symbol of the CNAME address in Domain Management in the LVB Console has changed to .
- If the CNAME configuration failure persists, please consult your domain name registrar.
- For more information on how to configure with other DNS service providers, please see CNAME Configuration.
Step 2. Get a push address
- Select Auxiliary Tools > Address Generator to generate a push address.
- Enter the address generator page and configure as follows:
- Select push domain name as the type of generation.
- Select the push domain name you added in Domain Management.
- Enter a custom
StreamName, such as
- Select the expiration time of the address, such as
- Click Generate Address to generate a push address.
- The format of the push address is as follows:
live is the default
txSecret is the signature for playing back the stream, and
txTime is the expiration time of the push address.
- In addition to the above method, you can also select a push domain name in Domain Management in the LVB Console, click Manage, select Push Configuration, enter the expiration time of the push address and the custom
StreamName, and click Generate Push Address to generate a push address.
- You can create and configure a desired feature template before generating the push address based on your actual business needs and associate it with the push domain name. For prices of value-added features, please see Pricing Overview.
Step 3. Push a live stream
You can enter the generated push address into the corresponding push software according to your business scenario.
- For push on PC, you are recommended to use OBS. For detailed directions, please see OBS Push.
- For push on web, you are recommended to go to Auxiliary Tools > Web Push, select the push domain name, enter the custom
StreamName, select the address expiration time, open the camera, and click Start Push.
- For push on WeChat Mini Program, search for Tencent Video Cloud in WeChat, select RTMP Push, enter the push address, and tap Start.
- For push on mobile device, download and install Tencent Video Cloud Demo, open it, select MLVB > Camera Push, enter the push address into the address box manually or by scanning the QR code, and tap Start in the bottom-left corner to start push.
Customized apps can integrate with the MLVB SDK provided by Tencent Cloud to implement the push function.
Step 4. Get a playback address
- After push succeeds, select Stream Management > Online Streams, view the status of the push address, and click Test to play back the stream online.
- Select Auxiliary Tools > Address Generator to get a playback address and configure as follows:
- Select playback domain name as the type of generation.
- Select the playback domain name you added in Domain Management.
- Enter the same
StreamName as that of the push address. The
StreamName of the playback address must be the same as that of the push address to play back the corresponding stream.
- Select the expiration time of the address, such as
- Click Generate Address to generate a playback address.
- You can use the following methods to test whether a live stream can be played back normally based on your business scenario:
- For stream test on PC, you are recommended to use tools such as VLC. For more information, please see Playback Practices.
- For stream test on web, you are recommended to use TCPlayerLite in the Player SDK. For more information, please see LVB Playback.
- For stream test on WeChat Mini Program, you are recommended to search for Tencent Video Cloud in WeChat, select LVB Playback, scan the QR code of the playback address, and tap Start in the bottom-left corner to start playback.
- For stream test on mobile device, you are recommended to download and install Tencent Video Cloud Demo, open it, select MLVB > LVB Pull, enter the playback address into the address box manually or by scanning the QR code, and tap Play in the bottom-left corner to start watching.
If you need to push/play back a stream in an app or WeChat Mini Program, you can integrate the MLVB SDK to use the LVB service. If you encounter any problem during the trial, please see FAQs.