This document describes how to get started with LEB. Before trying out LEB, you’re advised to read the Pricing Overview of LEB to get familiar with its billable items and prices.
- The steps to configure domain names for LEB are the same as those for LVB. If you have activated LVB, you can get started with LEB from step 4. Get a playback URL.
To use CSS, you should have at least one push domain name, and one playback domain name. You cannot use one domain name for both push and playback.
You can add your own domain names.
- CSS provides a test domain name
xxxx.livepush.myqcloud.com. You can use it to test live push, but you’re not advised to use it as the push domain name for business purposes.
- After the domain name is added successfully, you can view its information in the domain name list in Domain Management. For how to manage it, please see Domain Management.
- For more information on live streaming domain names, please see Basic CSS Features.
.tlivepush.com), which cannot be accessed before you complete the CNAME configuration at your DNS service provider. After the CNAME configuration takes effect, you can use CSS. The following example shows you how to add a CNAME record by assuming Tencent Cloud is your DNS service provider:
- After a CNAME record is successfully added, it takes some time for the CNAME configuration to take effect. If the configuration fails, you cannot use CSS.
- After the CNAME configuration succeeds, you can see that the CNAME status has changed to in Domain Management of the CSS console.
- If the CNAME configuration failure persists, consult your DNS service provider.
- For more information on how to configure with other DNS service providers, please see Configuring CNAME for Domain Name.
StreamName, such as
- In the push URL,
liveis the default
txSecretis the signature for playing back the stream, and
txTimeis the URL expiration time.
- In addition to the above method, you can also find the push domain name in Domain Management of the CSS console, click Manage, and select Push Configuration. In the Push Address Generator section, enter a push URL expiration time and a custom
StreamName, and then click Generate Push Address to generate a push URL.
- You can create and configure a desired feature template before generating the push URL based on your business needs and bind it to the push domain name. For prices of CSS value-added features, please see Pricing Overview.
You can enter the generated push URL into the push software as appropriate for your use cases.
StreamName, select a URL expiration time, turn the camera on, and click Start Push.
- You can integrate Tencent Cloud MLVB SDK into customized apps for live push.
StreamNamein the push URL to play back the corresponding stream.
The format of LEB pull URL is the same as that of LVB pull URL except that the former starts with
rtmp while the latter starts with
LEB pull URL format:
webrtc://domain/path/stream_id?txSecret=xxx&txTime=xxx (hotlink protection enabled). For how to generate a pull URL, please see Get playback URL.
You can also pull transcoded streams of different resolutions and bitrates. For information about generating playback URLs for transcoded streams, please see Live Remuxing and Transcoding.
LEB solution for web does not support decoding and playing back B-frames. If the original stream contains B-frames, the backend will remove them by transcoding, which will result in latency and incur transcoding fees. We recommend not pushing streams with B-frames. You can also adjust the video codec parameter on push client software (such as OBS) to remove B-frames. If you use OBS for push, you can set to disable B-frames, as shown below:
Pull by web browser only supports standard WebRTC protocol and does not support AAC audio codec. If you push streams with audios in AAC format, the audios will be transcoded into Opus format, which will incur audio transcoding fees.