Before using CSS, you need to know the following use limits:
|CSS domain name
- Multiple playback and push domain names can be created under an account by default. If a domain name is used in Mainland China, it must have an ICP filing from the MIIT, and the current filing information must be normal and available.
- We recommend you use a domain name containing up to 30 characters. If it has over 30 characters, please submit a ticket for assistance.
- A domain name managed by CSS can be used to push or play back live streams normally only after being resolved. For more information, please see Configuring CNAME for Domain Name.
||The CSS service does not limit the push bitrate and supports common resolutions and corresponding bitrates. To avoid push lag, we recommend you keep the bitrate below 4 Mbps.
- Only when the `StreamName` of the playback address is the same as that of the push address can the corresponding stream be played back.
- The number of live streaming viewers is not limited, and you can set a bandwidth limit.
||After the association with a template is successfully configured, it will take effect in 5–10 minutes.
|Daily billing mode switch
||You can select bill-by-traffic or bill-by-bandwidth for daily billing, and you can switch the billing mode only once per day (the switch will take effect on the next day).
|Supported push protocols
||CSS supports the RTMP and SRT output protocols. For more information, please see Basic CSS Features.
|Supported playback protocols
- CSS supports the RTMP, FLV, and HLS playback protocols. For more information, please see Basic CSS Features.
- LEB supports the WebRTC playback protocol.
- Playback of a pulled stream supports a bandwidth of up to 200 Gbps. If you need a higher bandwidth, please submit a ticket or contact your Tencent Cloud rep for assistance.
- You can create up to three live director instances under one account. If there are already three instances, only after an existing instance is deleted can a new one be added. To add more instances, please submit a ticket for application.
- You can add up to five VOD files to the VOD input playback list.
- Third-party relayed push supports up to three streams, one of which is relayed to the current CSS account by default, and the other two can be relayed to third-party vendors.