Basic Operations of Services
Last updated: 2019-05-28 09:54:35PDF
Log in to the Tencent Cloud TKE console.
Click Service in the left navigation bar, and click New in the service list page.
Configure basic service information.
- Service Name: The name of the service to be created, which has a length limited to 63 characters comprised of lowercase letters, numbers and "-". It starts with a lowercase letter and ends with a lowercase letter or a number.
- Region: Select the region where the service is deployed.
- Cluster: Select a cluster to run your service. You need to select a running cluster with available CVMs in it.
- Service description: Information of created service. This information is displayed in Service Information page.
Click Add Volume when you specify a specific path to which a container is mounted.
If no source path is specified, a temporary path is assigned by default.
- Type: Four types of volumes are supported: local disk, cloud disk, NFS disk, and configuration file.
- Name: Volume name.
- Path: Specify the path to which a container is mounted.
Configure a container.
- Name: The name of the container to be created, with a length limited to 63 characters.
- Image: Click Select Image to create a service under My Images, My Favorites, TencentHub Image, DockerHub Image or other images.
- Tag: The default image tag for TKE. If you need to use a different image tag, click tag display window to select one.
- Number of pods: A pod consists of one or more relevant containers. You can specify the number of pods by clicking + or -.
- Service access method: The method for accessing a service determines the network attribute of this service. Different access methods offer different network capabilities. For more information about the four access methods, please see Configuration of Service Access Methods.
Click Create Service to complete the creation process.
Updating the Number of Pods
- Click Services in the left navigation bar of TKE console to enter the service list, and click Update Number of Pods.
- You can specify the number of pods by clicking + or -. Click OK after the configuration is completed.
- Click Services in the left navigation bar of TKE console to enter the service list, and click Update Service.
- Click Start Update.
Two updating methods are available.
- Rolling update: Update pods one by one, which allows you to update the service without interrupting the business.
- Quick update: Directly close all current pods, and launch the same number of new pods.
Redeployment is to redeploy the containers under a service and pull a new image.
- Click Services in the left navigation bar of TKE console to enter the service list, and click More -> Redeploy.
- Click OK.
- Click Services in the left navigation bar of TKE console to enter the service list, and click More -> Delete.
- Click OK.
Deleting the service will delete all the pods and public network load balancers under the service. Back up your data in advance.