Service Migration is a platform developed by Tencent Cloud. It helps enterprises migrate operating systems, applications, and application data from a source server to a Cloud Virtual Machine (CVM) or Cloud Block Storage (CBS) to meet enterprises' business needs for cloud deployment, cross-cloud platform migration, cross-account or cross-region migration, and hybrid cloud deployment.
Service migration is divided into offline migration and online migration. Offline migration includes offline instance migration and offline data migration.
Offline migration requires support from Cloud Object Storage (COS). Therefore, ensure that your region is supported by COS.
For more information on regions supported by COS, see Regions and Access Domain Names.
- Currently, Tencent Cloud service migration supports qcow2, vpc, vmdk, and raw image formats. We recommend that you use the compressed image format to reduce transmission and migration time.
- The COS region to which images are uploaded must be the same as that where the destination CVM is located.
- During offline migration, the size of the uploaded image file cannot be greater than the capacity of the destination disk. If the size of the image file is 50 GB, the destination system disk must have at least 50 GB capacity.
- Offline migration does not support snapshots, whose names are similar to *-00000*.vmdk.
- Set public read and private write permissions for the COS file.
- The system disk capacity of the destination instance cannot be less than the size of the uploaded image file. Otherwise, the task will fail.
The destination CBS capacity cannot be less than the size of the uploaded image file. Otherwise, the task will fail.
For more information, see About Service Migration.