Service Migration is a platform developed by Tencent Cloud to help enterprises migrate operating systems, applications, and application data from a source server to a Cloud Virtual Machine (CVM) or Cloud Block Storage (CBS). It helps meet enterprise needs for cloudification, cross-cloud migration, cross-account or cross-region migration, and hybrid cloud deployment.
Service migration includes offline migration and online migration. Offline migration includes:
Offline migration is supported by Cloud Object Storage (COS). Make sure your region is supported by COS.
For more information on regions supported by COS, see Regions and Access Domain Names.
- Currently, Tencent Cloud service migration supports qcow2, vpc, vmdk, and raw image formats. We recommend using the compressed image format to reduce transmission and migration time.
- The COS region where images are uploaded to must be the same as where the CVM you want to migrate to is located.
- During offline migration, the size of the uploaded image file cannot be greater than the capacity of the disk you want to migrate to. If the size of the image file is 50 GB, the system disk must be at least 50 GB.
- Offline migration does not support snapshot (filename similar to *-00000*.vmdk).
- COS file must be configured with public read/private write permissions. For more information, see Setting Object Access Permission.
- The system disk capacity of the instance you want to migrate to cannot be less than the size of the uploaded image file. Otherwise, the task will fail.
The capacity of the CBS disk you want to migrate to cannot be less than the size of the uploaded image file. Otherwise, the task will fail.
For more information, see About Service Migration.