WebShell is the login method recommended by Tencent Cloud. No matter your local OS is Windows, Linux or Mac OS, as long as you have purchased public IPs for your instances, you can log in via Web Shell. This document describes how to log in to a Linux instance via Web Shell.
Benefits of Web Shell:
- Supports copy and paste operations with shortcut keys.
- Supports scrolling with mouse wheel.
- Supports Chinese input.
- Features a high security (password or key is required for each login).
Password or Key
- You already have the admin account and password (or key) to log in to the Linux instance.
- If you have chosen to generate a random password when creating an instance, please get it from Message Center.
- If you have set a login password, please use it for login. If you forgot it, please reset it.
- If a key has been bound to the instance, you can use the key to log in. For more information, see SSH Keys.
- You have purchased a public IP for your CVM instance and opened a remote login port (22 by default) for the WebShell proxy IP in the security group associated with the instance.
- If you purchase a CVM instance through quick configuration, the port is opened by default.
- If you purchase a CVM instance through custom configuration, you can manually open the port as instructed in Security Group Use Cases.
Log in to the CVM console.
On the instance management page, proceed according to the actually used view mode:
Locate the Linux CVM instance you want to log in to and click Log In on the right as shown below:
Select the tab of the Linux CVM instance you want to log in to and click Log In as shown below:
In the Standard Login | Linux Instance pop-up window, select Password Login or Key Login as needed:
Refer to the following instructions to enter the required information for login:
- Port: the default port is 22. Enter a value as needed.
- Username: the default username of Linux instances is
root, and the default username of Ubuntu instances is
ubuntu. Enter a value as needed.
- Password: enter the login password obtained in the Prerequisites step.
- Key: select the key bound to the instance.
- Click Log In to log in to the Linux instance.
If the login is successful, the following prompt will appear on the WebShell page:
After logging in to the CVM, you can build a personal website or forum or perform other operations. For more information, see: