Last updated: 2020-03-04 17:30:24PDF
This document introduces the Terminate of the instance and the overview and operation method of releasing the instance. For more expiration information, please refer to Expiration reminder .
When you do not need an instance, you can use Terminate for the instance, and the instance that was given by Terminate will be put into Recycle bin. For the instance in Recycle bin, you can renew, Resume or release the instance according to different scenarios and requirements.
If your account in arrears, for your Pay as you go instance, you need to renew it before Resume.
For Pay as you go's instance type, Terminate and his release instance include the following ways.
- Manual Terminate method For an example of Pay as you go without in arrears, you can choose manual Terminate. An instance of the type of Pay as you go will be completely released after Recycle bin has retained it for 2 hours at most.
- Timing Terminate mode: Set timing Terminate for the instance of on demand's payment type. You can choose a future time timing Terminate resources, Terminate time accurate to seconds. The instance resources of Terminate will be released immediately and will no longer enter Recycle bin. Before setting the time for Terminate, you can do it at any time. Cancel Scheduled Termination .
- *Due / in arrears automatic Terminate mode: * Instances of Pay as you go type will be automatically released after the balance is less than 0 for 26 hours (the fee will continue to be deducted in the first 2 hours, and the phone will be shut down and stopped in the next 24 hours. In arrears's Pay as you go instance is not included in Recycle bin. You can view it in the instance list. Complete within the specified time to renew Can continue to use.
|Active Terminate (not in arrears)||Timed Terminate (not in arrears)||Due / in arrears automatic Terminate|
|Pay as you go type example||After Terminate, the instance will be retained in Recycle bin for up to 2 hours, and if Resume is not released after the expiration date, the instance will be released.||The instance of setting timing Terminate will be released directly after the set time and will not enter Recycle bin.||After the instance in arrears, the fee will continue to be deducted in the first 2 hours, and the instance can be used normally. The phone will be turned off and the deduction will be stopped in the next 24 hours, and the Pay as you go instance of in arrears will not enter Recycle bin. If the renewal is not completed during this period, the instance will be released.|
When an instance enters the status of Terminate, the related effects of instance data, elastic IP and billing are as follows:
- Billing: When an instance is being terminated or has been terminated, no expenses related to this instance are incurred.
- Instance data: Both the mounted local site and the inelastic HDD cloud disk will be released at the same time. The data cannot be recovered. Please back up in advance. Elastic HDD cloud disk will follow its own life cycle.
- EIP: EIPs (including IPs on the secondary ENI) of a terminated instance are retained, and idle IPs may incur expenses.
An example of Terminate and the release of Pay as you go
For the example of Pay as you go, you can choose Terminate immediately or Terminate on time.
Terminating Instances on the Console
- Log in to the CVM Console .
- According to the actual demand, choose different Terminate examples to operate.
- Terminate a single instance: Find the instance to be terminated in the list, and click More -> CVM Status -> Terminate On the right side.
- Batch Terminate instances Check all the instances that require Terminate, and click more Operations-> Terminate / return at the top. The example of Terminate will show the reason.
- In the pop-up window, you can select Terminate Now or Scheduled Termination Instances.
- Terminate Now If you choose Terminate immediately, you can choose whether to release resources immediately or 2 hours later. If you choose to release immediately, the data related to the instance will be cleared and cannot be Resume.
- Scheduled Termination If you select timed Terminate, you need to set a timed time for Terminate. After expiration, the instance will be timed and released by Terminate, and the data cannot be Resume.
- After selecting Terminate method, click "next" to confirm Terminate and retain the actual and related resources.
- Click "start Terminate" after confirming Terminate's resources.
Cancel Scheduled Termination
- Log in to the CVM Console .
- In the list of instances, find the instance that needs to undo timing Terminate, and in " Instance billing mode "found in column" Scheduled Termination Move the mouse to The prompt box of Terminate pops up. as shown below:
- Click "undo", and the confirmation revocation timing Terminate prompt box pops up.
- In the pop-up prompt box, confirm the instance information of Terminate with timing for cancellation, and click OK. The cancellation by Terminate will take effect immediately. as shown below:
Terminating Instances using API
For more information, please see the API TerminateInstances .