Microsoft has ended extended support for Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003 R2 since July 14, 2015. Tencent CVMs with the Windows 2003 system can no longer receive security updates and patches from Microsoft, and face risks such as program incompatibility, instability and insecurity.
To ensure the security and stability of your business, we recommend you migrate CVMs with the Windows Server 2003 system to a newer version of Windows Server, such as Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
Because Microsoft no longer provides security updates and patches, Tencent Cloud cannot solve operating system issues. If you continue to use the Windows Server 2003 system, note the following risks:
- After July 14, 2015, Tencent CVMs with the Windows Server 2003 system can no longer receive updates and patches from Microsoft. If you continue to use CVMs with this system, your applications and businesses may be exposed to a variety of risks, including but not limited to application incompatibility, compliance requirements, and security problems caused by non-functional issues.
- If you continue to use CVMs with the Windows Server 2003 system after July 14, 2015, Tencent Cloud will not be held responsible for any failures, security issues, incompatibility or other risks due to lack of support from Microsoft. You will be liable for all the consequences arising therefrom.
Because Microsoft no longer provides security updates and patches for Windows Server 2003, Tencent Cloud cannot resolve its operating system issues. The following situations are not related to Tencent Cloud's service quality or responsibility:
- You instance with the Windows Server 2003 system may be exposed to failures, security issues, incompatibilities, operation exceptions, or system crashes.
- If an application running in your Windows Server 2003 instance has an exception and needs to be resolved with Microsoft patches or OS support from Microsoft, we can only provide troubleshooting assistance but not a complete solution.
- Due to hardware compatibility and driver-related limitations, new Tencent CVMs may not be able to support the running of Windows Server 2003 images.