Microsoft Remote Desktop (MRD) is a remote desktop software by Microsoft. This article describes how to use it on MacOS to upload files to a CVM with Windows Server 2012 R2 installed.
Obtaining a CVM Public IP
Log in to CVM Console and note down the public IP address of your CVM instance on the instance list page, as shown in the following image:
- Start MRD and click Add Desktop, as shown in the following image:
- The Add Desktop window appears. Follow the steps illustrated in the following image to select a folder to upload and establish a connection with your Windows CVM:
- In the PC name text field, input your CVM’s public IP.
- Click Folders to switch to the folder list view.
- Click . In the pop-up window, select the folder to be uploaded.
- After you finish, check your list of folders to upload and click Add.
- Leave other options as default and complete the process.
Your entry is saved, as shown in the following image:
- Double click the newly added entry. Input your username and password for CVM and click Continue.
- The default account for the Windows CVM is
- If you choose to log in with random password, please check it in the Message Center.
- If you have forgotten your password, please reset the instance password.
- Click Continue to establish the connection, as shown in the following image:
If the connection is successful, then the following page appears:
- In the bottom-left corner, click then My Computer to see a list of shared folders.
- Double click a shared folder to open it. Copy desired local files to another drive on the Windows CVM to complete upload.
For example, copy a.txt to the C drive on Windows CVM.
To download files from the Windows CVM to your computer, copy desired files from the CVM to a shared folder.