This document describes how to retrieve a public IP address that has been used before but not yet assigned to other users.
- The retrieved IP address is an EIP, and the total number of EIPs must not exceed the total quota.
- Each account can apply for a specific IP address up to three times per month in each region.
- Log in to CVM Console.
- In the left sidebar, click EIP to access the EIP management page.
- Click Retrieve IP, as shown in the following figure:
- In the Retrieve IP pop-up window, enter the public IP address and click Check to query whether the IP address can be retrieved, as shown in the following figure.
- If yes, click Apply Now.
- If no, the IP address that you applied for cannot be retrieved for reasons such as it has already been assigned. In this case, try to apply for another IP address or click Cancel to exit.