Cross-region replication can help users deploy the same CVM across regionsquickly. You can use this feature to copy images across regions, and then create a CVM by copying the images under the new region.
- The copied image must be a custom image. You must create a custom image first. For details, see [Create Custom Images] (https://intl.cloud.tencent.com/document/product/213/4942).
- Cross-region replication allows you to copy images in or outside China. If you need to copy images from China to other countries or vice versa, please contact after-sale service.
- Cross-region replication of images is currently free of charge.
- Cross-region replication currently does not support custom images larger than 50 GB.
- Cross-region replication takes 10 to 30 minutes.
Copy images via console
- Log in to the CVM Console.
- In the left sidebar, click Images to enter the image management page.
- Select the region where the original image you want to copy resides, and click the Custom Image tab, as shown below:
For example, select Guangzhou region.
- Find the instance whose image needs to be copied, click More > Cross-region replication.
For batch operations, select all the images you want to copy and click Cross-region replication.
- In the pop-up "Cross-region copying" window, select the regions where the image will be copied to and click OK.
After the copying is completed, the image list in the destination regions will display images with the same name and different IDs.
- Switch to a destination region. Select the successfully copied image in the image list under the region, and click Create Instance to create the same CVM instance.
Copy images via API
You can also use SyncCvmImage API to copy images. For details, see SyncCvmImage API.